Mad Men Season 2 blu-ray $22.49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Good show, captures a lot about the 60's well, DVD's include a couple interesting films on topics like fashion and women's rights.

Season 1 is at good prices too (normal DVD about $18) and should be watched before season 2 (it's oine of those ongoing story shows).

link

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Season 1 is about the same price. My wife and I LOVE this show, it's excellent.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
yes, I also like it, very well made, slick story, interesting characters. can't beat that 1960s look.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Heh. Yeah, it's amazing how much this show encapsulates the look and feel of the 60's. I'm astonished by some of the stuff they did back then. But I'm only just 40, and I remember how it was when I was a kid...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Wag
Heh. Yeah, it's amazing how much this show encapsulates the look and feel of the 60's. I'm astonished by some of the stuff they did back then. But I'm only just 40, and I remember how it was when I was a kid...

When you listen to the commentaries, you learn how they really did the research tom come up with a lot of the bits they put in.

For example, the culture about pollution, in a scene where they have a picnic and when done, dump all the trash off the blanket on the ground and leave.

'Awareness' about littering came more in the 70's, following the Johnson 'America beautification' campaign, with the crying Indian ad, anti-litter laws, etc.

Harmattan

Oct 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Wag

When you listen to the commentaries, you learn how they really did the research tom come up with a lot of the bits they put in.

For example, the culture about pollution, in a scene where they have a picnic and when done, dump all the trash off the blanket on the ground and leave.

'Awareness' about littering came more in the 70's, following the Johnson 'America beautification' campaign, with the crying Indian ad, anti-litter laws, etc.

The best show on TV imo, destined to be a classic series.

I remember that scene with the picnic and laughing my a$$ off. I remember my dad telling me about how people would just throw garbage out of there car while driving and how the highways were discusting. Makes you think about some of the stuff we do today that our kids will look back on and laugh at us for...

Status
Not open for further replies.