Mac vs Apple

earthman

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Mainly that they tend to be used by obnoxious snotty people who actually don't know anything about computers, and think running Windows software in Virtual PC is better than running it in Windows...other than that, I don't know, oh, wait, they cost alot too.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm voting for the Apple! I had MUCH more fun on Apple II's when I was a kid than on any Mac that I've used since then. To this day, Oregon Trail STILL rates in my favorite games of all time!

It's too bad that early versions of AppleWorks sucked so much.

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
I'm voting for the Apple! I had MUCH more fun on Apple II's when I was a kid than on any Mac that I've used since then. To this day, Oregon Trail STILL rates in my favorite games of all time!

It's too bad that early versions of AppleWorks sucked so much.

Oregon Trail rocks! I loved to hunt. I don't think I ever made it becuase I was to busy killin them rabbits!

I personally like to use my mac before my x86 based machines any day.

And why do people call machines with windows on them PCs? I never understood that. PC vs Mac seem almost as bad as apple vs mac to me.

I just wish I had money for a faster mac. :(

Oh yeah to answer the question I would want a mac before an apple. They are easier to network. :p

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

I too like Apple better than the Mac, but I ended up with an Amiga 500 upgrade from my Apple II.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
Dell vs Inspiron.

you know how many people look at "inspiron" and read "inspiration"?

"hi, this is mary from poughkeepsie, i've got an inspiration 4000, and i need more ram"