Mac Mini audio

hennessy1

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2007
Anyone know where I can find an updated audio driver for a recently purchased intel mac mini. Specificly a windows xp driver.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Does the bootcamp driver not work for you?

hennessy1

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2007
No it does. I am just trying to find the latest drivers I can for it. Since yesterday when I tried to play a game and realized that the drivers I had for my video card were over a year old and they had released new ones. So now I guess you can same im a little paranoid and trying to find as many as I can or well that I use. Which is basically audio and video. I see realtek and sigmatel. I dont know which to go update and basically realtek is easier to update. I tried looking at the sigmatel audio and they transfer me to another site. And from there I have no idea I dont think there is anything to download at that site.

TheStu

Sep 15, 2004
Hrm, I'm really not sure then... I am using the BootCamp 1.3 drivers for my Vista install and haven't encountered too many problems, though the idea of getting a fresher display driver is appealing. Open up your Device Manager and look and see if you can update the driver through there. Or from there find out what the device is, and go to the manufacturer's website.

hennessy1

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2007
Well it gives me like I said realtek and sigmatel. But it doesnt say like the device or anything. I dont want to go with the update through microsoft because they don't have the latest ones thats where I got the old video one from.

TheStu

Sep 15, 2004
Hrm, I missed your edit while I was typing my response then. Well, I do not know what to tell you about the drivers, but although you could squeeze more performance out of it (fewer CPU Cycles to process the audio), i reckon that if it ain't broke...

Though, I would wait for others to chime in. I know that a couple people here are big on the mini (heh) so they might be able to provide you with better answers.