M. Night Shyamalan's New Movie - The Village

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Murpheeee
The Village

Check out the preview - looks creepy :D

Script reviews have been HORRIBLE on this one, to the point where people are questioning whether the script could possibly be real. Time shall tell.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: PinwiZ
The Village

Script reviews have been HORRIBLE on this one, to the point where people are questioning whether the script could possibly be real. Time shall tell.

thats funny
i couldve swore that movie was already made and it was called Sighns. oh wait, Signs...

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
i liked sixth sense...its all been downhill for Night since then... just got progressively and progressively worse... my opinion though, i actually know quite a few people who enjoyed unbreakable and signs.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
One thing I like about him is he isn't afraid to mess around with different styles. The lack of a musical score in Signs really gave me the creeps. The story lines are a little weak, but the directing more than makes up for it.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: PinwiZ
The Village

I read some hint onf this on IMDB. Can you please elaborate? They were talking about some bulldozers? I am confused.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: maziwanka
go india!

You mean "Go back to India!"?

Bwahahaah :p

tasteless
rolleye.gif

you guys know better then not to say there here...

anyways, I enjoyed all of his movies.

I liked unbreakable best. 6th sense was of course an awesome movie.
signs was pretty good.

I think he's a great and unique story teller

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Shyamalan's movies' fortes aren't really in their plot. They are largely, very artistic and deal with psychological issues more than superficial issues. I.e. for "Signs", the movie's focus wasn't the alien invasion, but rather how the one family dealt with stress and adversity, and for The Sixth Sense, well, that's an obvious enough psychological undercurrent.

His movies aren't bad.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: maziwanka
go india!

You mean "Go back to India!"?

Bwahahaah :p

tasteless
rolleye.gif

you guys know better then not to say there here...

anyways, I enjoyed all of his movies.

I liked unbreakable best. 6th sense was of course an awesome movie.
signs was pretty good.

I think he's a great and unique story teller

You mean they know better than to say it? Because if they know better than to not say it, they will say it. :confused:

new2AMD

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
6th sense was great...but you can really only see it once. Unbreakable was the same in that once you saw it you cant really watch it again but it was very cool. I thought signs wasnt very good. Thats just me tho.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bah!! What an overhyped blowhard. His only good movie has been The 6th Sense. Signs was AWFUL!!!!!

It had me going up until the aliens showed up and that the movie just went STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!:|

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I thought Sixth SEnse was boring (granted I only watched the first 30mins). Didn't see Signs yet. But I did like Unbreakable.

It's nice to see an Indian in the Hollywood industry though. Especially someone who directs feature films.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I wouldn't mind his mediocre films if it wasn't for The Hype Machine(TM) he's got promoting them. Seriously, his movies don't deserve all that hype. Yes his movies are enjoyable and he's a filmmaker with a unique perspective, but there are 100s of indie filmmakers out there more deserving of the praise and esteem Hollywood has showered on this Philadelphian.

The 'Go Back to India' comment was baseless...wasn't Shayamalan born in the US??

And while we're discussing Indian filmmakers...what's Tarsem Singh up to these days??