Lynch's savior deserves a large reward.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Mohammed, the man that risked his life and family's lives to save Jessica Lynch deserves a very big reward. I mean, it wasn't enough that he risked everything to find the marines and inform them of Lynch's location. They made him go back to the hospital and risk his life numerous times to get them more info. I better see more than just some lousy metal of honor and a few thankyou's. There better be a few million bucks deposited into his account. The money will definitely encourage others to stick their necks out to help our cause.

Remember, he didn't have to go back. He did it to help an American soldier. That's the act of a true hero and true hero's deserve large rewards. Also, I'd like to see him well off because it would allow him to influence others with his good nature.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
CNN is reporting he has been granted Refugee status which entitles him to move to the US.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: rahvin
CNN is reporting he has been granted Refugee status which entitles him to move to the US.

I'm not always sure why we think that is such a great reward. We offer that up like it is the holy grail or something. Whatever the case I didn't get the impression that he wanted to leave. What is clear though is that he has brass balls the size of coconuts and we should find out what it is he wants or needs and give him two of them.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
He should be given a choice: any job he wants in the new gov't, or 5 acres of land in the US, a nice fat salary for doing whatever he wants, a free college education for his daughter wherever she wants, and matching SUVs for him and his wife.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
He should definitely be given more than just refugee status.

How about free relocation for his entire family, plus a welcoming community waiting to help them get started in their new lives?

Does anyone know how to get something like this happening?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Isla

How about free relocation for his entire family, plus a welcoming community waiting to help them get started in their new lives?

From an article that was poster here yesterday, they gave him "temporary" refugee status. I don' t know what the difference is, but there's probably something.

From what he was saying, he's looking forward to returning to his former life once Saddam's gone. Since they raided his house and took his stuff including his car, I'm another vote for a large amount of cash to make him forget that his old stuff ever existed.

I wonder if his neighbors in Iraq will treat him as a hero, or hate him for helpiing the Americans when he returns.

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Stark
He should be given a choice: any job he wants in the new gov't, or 5 acres of land in the US, a nice fat salary for doing whatever he wants, a free college education for his daughter wherever she wants, and matching SUVs for him and his wife.

I'll donate to help this happen

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000

I like this idea!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: yowolabi

From an article that was poster here yesterday, they gave him "temporary" refugee status. I don' t know what the difference is, but there's probably something.

From what he was saying, he's looking forward to returning to his former life once Saddam's gone. Since they raided his house and took his stuff including his car, I'm another vote for a large amount of cash to make him forget that his old stuff ever existed.

I wonder if his neighbors in Iraq will treat him as a hero, or hate him for helpiing the Americans when he returns.

Yeah but what is he going to buy in Iraq? Let him and his family come over here, give them uncle sams platinum card and send them to the mall of america, let them build a palace back home, new cars.

think of how this gesture of thanks would be interpreted by his people

It's unfortunate he doesn't want to live here, sounds like he would make one hell of a lawyer, I would consider offering all of ours for him in a trade, but sending all of ours over there would doom them to eternity.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Maybe he doesnt want cash compensation for doing what was right. Some people are heroes at no charge. It may be an insult to him to feel he was paid for being an honorable member of the human race.

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think he will have mortal enemies if he stayed in Iraq and word gets out that he did that. He'll probably get to emigrate to the the US with his family.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer
Originally posted by: rahvin

I'm not always sure why we think that is such a great reward. We offer that up like it is the holy grail or something. Whatever the case I didn't get the impression that he wanted to leave. What is clear though is that he has brass balls the size of coconuts and we should find out what it is he wants or needs and give him two of them.

He should receive more than just refugee status..

THat being said - it IS the holy grail of many people in many countries to be received by the US with open arms. If we had half the immigration laws of most industrialized countries, it would be worth even more.