Lucid Hydra 200 in 30 days

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LAX182

Jul 26, 2008
Seeing as the hydra chip doesn't communicate with nvidias drivers at all I'm a little confused at how or why either card company would block it. Also I think they might run into issues with the DoJ over anti competitive tactics like that. I get the feeling that intel rep was just blowing smoke at bennett. People should view this as a new way of routing pci-e traffic then as a new version of sli/crossfire. Should be interesting come the end of october!

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: GlacierFreeze
Originally posted by: Fox5
Crossfire already comes basically free with most high end motherboards, so I can't really see this being worth it for the ati side of things, and it doesn't look like the premium will be less than the nvidia side of things.

This works way differently than Crossfire or SLI. Read the older articles on it from a year or so ago.

It needs to either be significantly better or cheaper to get any traction. It's definitely not cheaper than Crossfire, and we're still waiting on performance numbers.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Originally posted by: WelshBloke
Originally posted by: bryanW1995
would be really funny if nvidia AND ati both put a block on it. problem solved :)

I still dont see how this would be to anyones advantage to block it. :confused:

You still have to buy the video cards, if anything this would drive sales not hinder them.

I would think it would drive up sales of midrange cards.