Lucasarts signs multi-year deal with Epic to use Unreal Engine 3

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
So the games will still stink, but they'll look better. Great.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Maybe something that looks like Boderlands or Duke Nukem Forever, but in the Star Wars Universe?

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
Maybe a Star Wars game *gasp* without lightsabers and jedi?

You mean like Tie Fighter? Naw man, that game stunk. It was universally hated by all gamers, unlike Force Unleashed, which is hailed as a masterpiece.

Fucking dumb Lucasarts.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
As much as I love Star Wars, LucasArts needs to just give up on making games. Unless, of course, they remake Jedi Academy with better graphics (and hopefully not fat characters - yes I am looking at you Epic).

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
LucasArts shot themselves in the foot when they cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police. All their best inside devs ran off to Telltale. TIE Fighter and KOTOR aside, their best games had nothing to do with Star Wars. Grim Fandango is still a masterpiece.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
They need to make a simtower type game where you compete against others to get your deathstar built before the resistance blows you up. Win.

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
TIE Fighter and KOTOR aside, their best games had nothing to do with Star Wars. Grim Fandango is still a masterpiece.

Man, despite having some of the soundtrack mp3s on my mp3 player, I never played it but always wanted to. Yet another game to go on "The List"... :)

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
As much as I love Star Wars, LucasArts needs to just give up on making games. Unless, of course, they remake Jedi Academy with better graphics (and hopefully not fat characters - yes I am looking at you Epic).

LucasArts give up on making games??? Umm no. Sure they've made some crappy games but they've always made some good games.

Patterner

Dec 20, 2010
LucasArts shot themselves in the foot when they cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police. All their best inside devs ran off to Telltale. TIE Fighter and KOTOR aside, their best games had nothing to do with Star Wars. Grim Fandango is still a masterpiece.

Loom. That is all.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Grim Fandango!

I'd love for them to pick up the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series again, they left it off at a good place, I'd buy a newer updated version.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
They need to make a simtower type game where you compete against others to get your deathstar built before the resistance blows you up. Win.

Honestly, I am somewhat surprised we don't see flight sim Star Wars games every couple years. Seems like there's a market for two types of SW games, Jedi/Force/Lightsabers and Large Space Battles with Lots of Fighters.

Oct 25, 2006
Wonderful. Now another series of games can look exactly the same as another 50 series of games.

Unreal can produce good things when developers try, most 90% of Developers go with the ugly default Unreal Look.

OptimumSlinky

Nov 3, 2009
I miss TIE Fighter. And X-Wing. Even X-Wing vs TIE Fighter! Those were great f#cking games.

I miss the original Colony Wars on PSX too. That game was BADASS, even if it's sequel all blew chunks.

I nearly blew my load on the Long Night of Solace mission in Halo: Reach. I love space combat sims. WTF happened to the genre?!

Monster_Munch

Oct 19, 2010
Wonderful. Now another series of games can look exactly the same as another 50 series of games.

Unreal can produce good things when developers try, most 90% of Developers go with the ugly default Unreal Look.

Bioshock, Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect - most of the big name Unreal engine games look pretty good. It's only Epic themselves that make generic fat space marine games.