shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Early Access for five years.

Thats normally a warning sign.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I think 7 Days to Die is pushing a decade of Early Access.

I wish Steam had never allowed the GreenLight or Early Access bullshit. It's just given companies a reason to release a feint shell of a game, slap a $30 price tag on it, throw the normal "Early Access, Crafting, Survival, etc." tags on them, then sit back and rake in the money. We went from paid DLCs for everything to paying developers for something that might resemble a full game in ten years.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, Valve exists to make money. And Early Access makes them money.
I do however recommend people avoid Early Access if they care about their money. Subnautica turned out to be good, but theres a hundred more that never got finished and its annoying to keep seeing them on the list.
GRAV got killed entirely. The developer flat out admitted they arent finishing it. And Steam has it for sale last time I checked.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I think 7 Days to Die is pushing a decade of Early Access.

I wish Steam had never allowed the GreenLight or Early Access bullshit. It's just given companies a reason to release a feint shell of a game, slap a $30 price tag on it, throw the normal "Early Access, Crafting, Survival, etc." tags on them, then sit back and rake in the money. We went from paid DLCs for everything to paying developers for something that might resemble a full game in ten years.

- Gamer's aren't exactly the most discerning lot. Like junkies looking for their next dopamine hit, they'll by anything based on sweet nothings.

Look at the GPU market. Yes there are shortages cutting supply and miners driving up demand, but there are also scalpers because people cannot keep their damn wallets shut willingly shelling out $1500 for a $600 MSRP GPU.

We create our own monsters.