Love Sprint customer support

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Bought EVO 4G at launch. Did not buy phone insurance. Now phone is unable to charge probably because the USB contact on the phone is getting loose. Took phone to Spint store, problem verified, no question asked, we get a new replacement on back order for $35.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
I would have them waive that $35 fee. The phone is 100% covered by the manufacturer in this case and the carrier should not be charging you a dime. If you are polite and persistent they will either waive this or credit your bill for the fee.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
I'd have a brand new phone from Verizon for free the next day if my Incredible stopped working.. $35 is ridiculous.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Well the phone started having problem charging at first. It had to be in certain position to be able to charge. Before I took it to Sprint I had a little accident with the USB cable and the USB port started wiggling and wouldn't work totally. For $35 I wasn't going to argue about it. I read in the forum that ppl were having the same issue, and Sprint asked for $100 deductible to replace the phone, but later Sprint waived the deductible.

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
I would argue about. You're getting screwed out of $35. The $100 deductible is for insurance. This is why Sprint sucks. You have something that shouldn't cost you a dime but your going to pay half a months service for it.

On a side note, this backorder shit is ridiculous too. They did it to me last week when mine broke. I can call and order a new one but you can't replace mine? Fuck you. Your going to tell me with a straight face refurbs are on backorder? I have to wait for someone else's broke phone to get fixed and sent to me? Fuck you. Oh, you can send me a used 8330. Fuck you. I'll take my $150 a month to Verizon. Again Sprint, fuck you. Take your wimax and $10 fee for non 4G areas and rot in hell.

Last edited:

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I don't know. I thought $35 to get a replacement after using it for more than half a year was not too bad. I guess I really didn't have any expectation from any of the carriers. Now I'll be really happy if they give me a new one instead of a refurb...

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Yep. I had a defective BB a bit ago with Verizon. I went into a corporate store, told them about the issue, and they went into the back, grabbed a new one for me and I was out the door.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
They ripped you off and you're happy? :confused:
Insurance is pointless since you get free 1 yr factory warranty; 2 yrs if you used credit card.

kaerflog

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2010
LOL, someone doesn't know how warranty works.
That phone has a 1 y warranty.
That phone stop working no fault of your own = free replacement.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
I would argue about. You're getting screwed out of $35. The $100 deductible is for insurance. This is why Sprint sucks. You have something that shouldn't cost you a dime but your going to pay half a months service for it.

On a side note, this backorder shit is ridiculous too. They did it to me last week when mine broke. I can call and order a new one but you can't replace mine? Fuck you. Your going to tell me with a straight face refurbs are on backorder? I have to wait for someone else's broke phone to get fixed and sent to me? Fuck you. Oh, you can send me a used 8330. Fuck you. I'll take my $150 a month to Verizon. Again Sprint, fuck you. Take your wimax and $10 fee for non 4G areas and rot in hell.

Hahah...this post cracked me up. Wow.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
Yep. I had a defective BB a bit ago with Verizon. I went into a corporate store, told them about the issue, and they went into the back, grabbed a new one for me and I was out the door.

yeah well i had a defective blackberry and they lied to me about the fact that it was defective. i had to look up on the web to see other people were having the same problems with it. they did everything to hide the fact that it was defective so they wouldnt have to replace it

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Thanks for the replies now I feel less impressed about Sprint now. Still I'm glad I wasn't questioned about why the connector broke loose. and at least I've been having 4G connection here not long after I got the phone. Anyway it's always difficult to decide what to switch next.

iahk

Jan 19, 2002
yep, premium data charge for $10. if you want to stay with a low monthly recurring cost with no extra charges for 4g, you'll have to go with tmobile. but then again you gotta make your decisions too. tmobile lets you hit 5GB and then throttles you (i've heard some cases they dont though) and sprint is still real deal unlimited.

MrX8503

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2005
Wait. Sprint charges you for 4g even if you don't live in a 4g area?

Correct.

Its $10 for 4G even if you don't live in a 4G area. Even with the $10 charge, I believe their plans are still cheaper for unlimited data.

Honestly, charging the $10 for 4G was a dumb move on Sprint's part. If they needed that extra money that badly, they should of just raised their data rates instead of making it look like a special fee.

_Aurel_

Jan 10, 2011
Of course they're being friendly because you just gave them $35 on a replacement device that cost them next to nothing, and the one you sent in will simply be taken to a manufacture to be refurbished and recycled out to a sucker who will pay $35 for his replacement. :) So now I see how Sprint keeps their service plans so affordable.

Last edited:

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Sprint is charging $35 for the conviencience of getting it swapped out immediately through them. You are free to get it fixed for $0, but you will need to wait while the manufacturer to fixes it. I think it is a pretty fair deal myself.

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Sprint is charging $35 for the conviencience of getting it swapped out immediately through them. You are free to get it fixed for $0, but you will need to wait while the manufacturer to fixes it. I think it is a pretty fair deal myself.

The cell phone companies act as the manufacturer. When you do warranty fixes on cell phones you don't deal with the manufacturer, you deal with the carrier. That is how the system is set up and has been for years. Sprint is screwing the OP plain and simple.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I wonder if anyone here have a similar problem with their phone during the first year and how the experience of replacing or repairing go.