Love for older digital cameras?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Back around... 2014, I think? I found a Canon S80 that had been discarded because it had a cracked screen. An ebay replacement was $15, I installed it myself after reading iFixit guides. Another elegant camera, takes superb pictures. Hopelessly outdated by today's standards.

YuliApp

Dec 27, 2017
desirehive.com
I had S60?? i believe, cheaper version of that. It made at that time best point and shoot photos i've ever seen. Was only around HD but very sharp and nice colors. Best proof it was good that the photos from it still stand a test of time especially compared to phones.

Reactions: AnitaPeterson

ChipsAndDips

Oct 27, 2022
Yes, I honestly like the older ones better. I have a big DSLR, but a little pocket camera is a lot more convenient sometimes. Also, older tech just makes me happy for some reason - I don't like how slick modern stuff is. And sometimes modern tech is bloated and clunky too.

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
I have 2x Canon 1D and 1xCanon 1Ds. Originals. The 1D has a CCD sensor and 4.1 Mega Pixel.

Once very properly exposed, especially the 1D below ISO400 or so is still hard to beat.