Louisiana man Stands His Ground, has his Second Amendment rights violated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Ignore the (as expected) LMSM hatchet job.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/06/10-year-old_boy_injured_in_i-1.html
A 10-year-old boy was shot in the face Saturday after a driver on Interstate 10 opened fire on another vehicle during a road rage feud, Kenner police said.

A bullet grazed the boy's face near his nose, and bullet fragments pierced his sinus cavity, said Kenner police spokesman Sgt. Brian McGregor said.

At 10:30 p.m., surgeons at Interim LSU Hospital were attempting to remove the fragments, McGregor said.

David Sean Jackson Sr., 26, of New Orleans, was arrested in connection with the shooting, McGregor said.

The confrontation began about 2 p.m. when two vehicles -- a red 2007 Chevrolet and a 2004 green Acura -- were traveling westbound on I-10 near the split with Interstate 610, police said. The boy rode in the backseat of the Chevrolet while his mother's 50-year-old boyfriend drove, police said.

Jackson was driving the Acura with his two sons -- a five-month-old and a 6-year-old -- and their 25-year-old mother, in the car, police said.

The driver of the Chevrolet cut Jackson off by passing him, then switching back to Jackson's lane, starting the tiff, police said. The two cars continued cutting each other off.

As they passed the Clearview Parkway exit, Jackson fired a gun "three or four times" from the middle lane into the Chevrolet, which was traveling in the far left lane, McGregor said.

What I'm most concerned with is this:

Police arrested Jackson, who was on parole in New Orleans for distribution of drugs and felony possession of a firearm.

Jackson was charged with aggravated criminal damage to property, attempted second degree murder, illegal possession of a firearm by a felon, illegal carrying of weapons and possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine and other traffic violations.

How can a man in a state with a Republican state legislature, and a Republican governor who expects to become the next President of the United States, have ever been charged with his exercise of his Second Amendment rights as a crime -- never mind a felony? Then he goes to a city with a Republican mayor and a City Council that is 6/7ths Republican and has his rights violated again? Now, the original crime was in New Orleans which is ruled by DimBulbCrats, but how can we expect Jindal to protect our rights as President if he can't protect those in his own state?
I'm just flabbergasted that none of these people have heard of this thing called THE CONSTITUTION!

@$# these RINOs.

Stop with the troll threads.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Tattoos=felon

Oh wow. I didn't see that.

Leviticus 19
28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

I can't believe what I just said. I have to apologize for having disparaging thoughts about the works of these good Christians.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sounds like both drivers should be convicted of reckless driving.

The shooter should just be hanged.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Why am I not surprised to see that a Chevy is involved?

But the guy with the gun was driving a Japanese car and the Japanese don't allow guns, so I don't see how this is a victory for America. Since he wasn't Christian (given the tattoos), I guess that America was the victim here.
Sad day.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
But the guy with the gun was driving a Japanese car and the Japanese don't allow guns, so I don't see how this is a victory for America. Since he wasn't Christian (given the tattoos), I guess that America was the victim here.
Sad day.

The Chevy, in typical fashion, cut the Acura off!

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
The Chevy, in typical fashion, cut the Acura off!

The Chevy didn't shoot, though. That's just un-American. Wouldn't be surprised to find the driver was from San Francisco.

pelosi_oh_no_ap.jpg

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Once again you have proven yourself utterly incapable of living within the confines of reality.

Congratulations.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Ignore the (as expected) LMSM hatchet job.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/06/10-year-old_boy_injured_in_i-1.html

What I'm most concerned with is this:

How can a man in a state with a Republican state legislature, and a Republican governor who expects to become the next President of the United States, have ever been charged with his exercise of his Second Amendment rights as a crime -- never mind a felony? Then he goes to a city with a Republican mayor and a City Council that is 6/7ths Republican and has his rights violated again? Now, the original crime was in New Orleans which is ruled by DimBulbCrats, but how can we expect Jindal to protect our rights as President if he can't protect those in his own state?
I'm just flabbergasted that none of these people have heard of this thing called THE CONSTITUTION!

@$# these RINOs.

I'm sure most gun supporters would say that, if you want to keep your guns, don't be a convicted felon.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Guess what? Left or right, neither side wants you to have guns.

Want to know why? Because neither side respects your freedoms.

Guns in the hands of the electorate, is an electorate that puts fear in the elected, and therefore, we get a better product out of our government.

Why would any government want to be held accountable? Answer: They don't, which is why both left and right want your guns.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Go back to Reddit, SJW.

Never been on Reddit, not sure how I can go back there. Don't even know what SJW means.

Again, you're incapable of living within the confines of reality. Go make a friend, it'll do you a heap of good.

Create a troll thread, disappointed you're not enjoying your troll thread as much as you had hoped? My bad.

Last edited:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I'm sure most gun supporters would say that, if you want to keep your guns, don't be a convicted felon.

Why would I care what those RINOs think? This is America, and REAL Americans believe in the SECOND AMENDMENT.

disappointed you're not enjoying your troll thread as much as you had hoped? My bad.

Disappointed I'm not listening to a liberal plant? Don't like being ignored, do ya?
Get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.