Lou Dobbs resigning from CNN -Headed to Fox

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
It sounds like he's going to run for a NJ senate seat in 2010. After he loses the election I'm sure he'll head over to fox.

My problem with Lou Dobbs is that he never really stood for anything. He was just anti-everything. His obsession with Obama's birth certificate was also pretty strange.

I'm glad John King is taking his place. From what I've seen of him, he's probably conservative, but there is no apparent bias. I'm liberal and I can't watch MSNBC because I'd rather just watch news with general commentary.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
This revelation still won't make me watch cable news. When they are all hot models and delivering the news topless, then we can talk...
This was already tried on the playboy channel a few years ago. It didn't last long. It's not as neat as one might imagine.

Oct 30, 2004
Gustavo Arellano, the incendiary columnist better known as Ask A Mexican can hardly wait to jump on this story. His fear and hatred of Lou Dobbs is similar to the reaction some liberals have to Sarah Palin.

The difference is that Dobbs is somewhat intelligent and Palin is a religious wacko moron.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
he is a sound talk show journalist...most of you pointy headed idiots fucking hate everything and post accordingly.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
I didn't see a mention of him moving to FOX on any of the news articles and spots mentioning his leaving CNN.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
I never quite understood Lou Dobbs image...
I watched his program a lot when I was in college (when it was called "Lou Dobb's Moneyline" or whatever) along with CrossFire and I watched a few episodes of his shows on illegal immigration 2 years ago which I didn't find to be too bad. I haven't watched his program recently(I attribute that to "less intrest/less time for TV" in general and not his positions on issues or his program) and don't know what has been going on.

Republicans hate him, Democrats hate him, Independents hate him, and Libertarians hate him.
Ron Paul supporters? Don't know, but I assume yes.

It just seems like everybody hates him, but I've seen his programs more than a few times and never understood the uproar he recieves from people on all sides of the political spectum.
Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly on the other hand...Now there's good reasons for everyone to hate those blabbering idiots.

If everybody hates Lou Dobbs, then who does he appeal to?
Does anybody or group of people "like" Lou Dobbs?

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
It sounds like he's going to run for a NJ senate seat in 2010. After he loses the election I'm sure he'll head over to fox.

My problem with Lou Dobbs is that he never really stood for anything. He was just anti-everything. His obsession with Obama's birth certificate was also pretty strange.

I'm glad John King is taking his place. From what I've seen of him, he's probably conservative, but there is no apparent bias. I'm liberal and I can't watch MSNBC because I'd rather just watch news with general commentary.

Wow.
Was he really obsessed by that?
Like I said earlier, I haven't really watched his program recently which I again attribute to "less interest in TV" in general.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Why would he want to be on CNN? They have no viewers.

If you haven't noticed, the number of viewers of FNC is significantly higher than that of CNN and MSNBC and in some instances significantly higher than CNN and MSNBC combine.

Sounds to me like he is making a smart decision similar to John Stossel

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Now if they could just get Nancy Grace to go to fox, CNN would be worth watching again. Her and Beck could do shows together.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Now if they could just get Nancy Grace to go to fox, CNN would be worth watching again. Her and Beck could do shows together.

I second the motion and ask that this go to a vote now.

Between Dobbs and Nancy Grace, CNN Headlines is below worthless.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Neither Lou Dobbs nor Nancy Grace are nearly hot enough to read the news on Fox, although I suppose they could have opinion and commentary shows (low bar there.) Neither is needed.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Neither Lou Dobbs nor Nancy Grace are nearly hot enough to read the news on Fox, although I suppose they could have opinion and commentary shows (low bar there.) Neither is needed.

Yeah they're no Brett Hume:biggrin:

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
sources say CNN gave him a sweetheart deal to go away

CNN is all ready in 3rd place behind FNC and MSNBC.
I would be willing to wager a large sum of money that Loy Dobbs wasn't (isn't) the problem.