LOTRO package

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Gamestop has the 'mithril package' on sale for 50% off $14.99.

It includes:

Exclusive Steed of the Horse-lords' Mount
Travel Middle-earth in style with this exclusive in game mount! Saddle up as early as level 5 and be on your way to adventure much faster than on foot!
Path of the Fellowship Bonus Quests
Forge your own legend in Middle-earth alongside Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf. From the Shire to Rivendell - adventure in a masterful recreation of Middle-earth! Includes the Trollshaws, Eregion, Mines of Moria, and Lothlórien.
2,000 Turbine Points
Customize your LOTRO experience with 2,000 points to spend in Middle-earth! Buy cosmetic gear, rare mounts, experience boosts, buffs and more.

I have no idea the value, how good a deal is this?

I still have at least the 'LOTRO' CE and MoM boxed copies unopened to figure out how to apply it to the game now that it's f2p, and probably another retail copy also.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
the old retail box should activate everything up to mines of moria. so, that would be bree land, shire, ered luin (the three starter zones, iirc bree they're all free anyway for low level content), lone lands (which is also free nowadays), north downs, evendim, forochel, trollshaws, angmar, and eregion, including all instances and skirmishes in those zones. it would also give you full PvMP.

on top of that, the mithril edition would get you moria (which is starting a revamp with the next update), a horse, and 2000 turbine points. i'm not sure if it would get you the instances in moria (i would think it would as that's all old content at this point, but the isengard quest pack is not the same as the isengard expansion and doesn't include the instanced content). i'm also not sure if it would get you access to the rune keeper and warden classes. both should remove the gold cap and allow 8 characters per server (or whatever the default is, i don't remember anymore. regular f2p is 2 characters per server iirc).

confirmed on the forums does not get you the rune keeper, warden, or the 2 additional character slots that came with the moria expansion. so you'd have the default shadows of angmar slots (7 i think).

though it's pretty much worth it just for the points alone.

lotro forums have to be the most broken vb implementation ever. i'm trying to search to confirm what comes with mithril edition, it brings up the list of links, but if click one it takes me back to my search page. if i select the link and paste it into a new tab, it takes me to the forum home. and this only happens when i'm logged in. if i log out the forums work fine.

from reading the threads, if you purchase through gamestop, get the digital download edition, which sends you the key to add to your account on turbine.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
the old retail box should activate everything up to mines of moria. so, that would be bree land, shire, ered luin (the three starter zones, iirc bree they're all free anyway for low level content), lone lands (which is also free nowadays), north downs, evendim, forochel, trollshaws, angmar, and eregion, including all instances and skirmishes in those zones. it would also give you full PvMP.

on top of that, the mithril edition would get you moria (which is starting a revamp with the next update), a horse, and 2000 turbine points. i'm not sure if it would get you the instances in moria (i would think it would as that's all old content at this point, but the isengard quest pack is not the same as the isengard expansion and doesn't include the instanced content). i'm also not sure if it would get you access to the rune keeper and warden classes. both should remove the gold cap and allow 8 characters per server (or whatever the default is, i don't remember anymore. regular f2p is 2 characters per server iirc).

though it's pretty much worth it just for the points alone.

So, owning the boxed copy and boxed MoM duplicates the package, and makes it basically just a mount and coins?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
So, owning the boxed copy and boxed MoM duplicates the package, and makes it basically just a mount and coins?

yeah if you have the original SoA box and MoM box it's basically just a mount and TP. though that's about as cheap as you can get TP at $0.0075 each.

though if you own all that you should start playing it :)

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
somewhat yes, the MoM box will give you access to Trollshaws, Eregion, Lothlorien for 30days as you get 30days vip, but after that you would have to purchase those regions.
so in the Mithril package you get those regions permanently, the 2000 tp, a mount.
Plus updated content, so don't have to waits long to download all the updates, if you get the boxed version.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
If you plan on playing LOTRO long term at all, the investment is good just for the TP alone plus the mount. Not worth it for lifers like me though :D