LOTRO Loremasters

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Any other wannabe wizards been reading up on the new spells coming out? The lynx, rez spell, and new AOEs are looking rather nice.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
My Lore-master is only level 20; what level are the new spells/pet aimed at? I know the Captain got some lower level stuff in month of the Captain, so am hoping for the same here.

KT

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'll check on the forum when I get home, but there was a thread in the LM area describing them with level requirements. One of the new AOEs is late teen/early twenties and its an AOE that will also stun the dead. Most of the rest are between 30-43ish. The rez has a regeant requirement, so I hope the c/d on using it is fairly short (noncombat rez).

The lynx is an upper tier pet that doesn't have the armor/hp to tank much without you pouring health into it, but it does have a significiantly higher dps. Seems to also have a stealth mode along with some other special attacks and because of the possible high damage output can keep aggro a bit without special aggro abilities (unlike the raven that will rapidly lose aggro when playing solo).

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Also some of the general changes being done is additional quest focused on L40+ solo, which is good for me as my LM is 43 (which should be high enough to buy all the new spells) and finished all non group quest except for angmaur and misty mountains.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: lupi
Also some of the general changes being done is additional quest focused on L40+ solo, which is good for me as my LM is 43 (which should be high enough to buy all the new spells) and finished all non group quest except for angmaur and misty mountains.

Yeah, I am excited by this as well. My Captain has been stuck at level 45 for a while now and I have been itching for some 40+ content to get him closer to 50.

KT

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Do you guys know the progression of no-death rankings? I'm level 16 without any deaths.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Skacer
Do you guys know the progression of no-death rankings? I'm level 16 without any deaths.

Not sure, I never really paid attention. I think I got undying on my old Minstrel at 25, but I can't recall because I never used the title. I think you will get another title at level 17.

KT