LOTR - Lord of the Rings update....bunch of crap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CrashX
Someone told me ROTK was delayed until Spring 04.
Anyone else heard that?

Nope, that's nonsense.

Will the studio really allow a 4 hour movie for a theater?

That would cut the amount of shows per day in half!
I doubt four hours....maybe closer to 3 and a half. I'd take four hours any day though :D

Whitecloak

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
I read the title of this thread and the poster, and the resulting cognitive dissonance nearly resulted in an aneurism.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Kami: LOTR and crap are two words I never thought I'd see you use in the same sentence. :D

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bump for some ROTK spoilers

This si from an insider source who TORN knows is legit, so it's pretty accuate

I have a friend who told me about Return of the King, first thing, Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat.

Men of Gondor surround them both and Legolas shouts "Aragorn!" as a warning, then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue. It is not an even fight and Aragorn is nearly knocked to death as the countdown to the destruction of the ring begins. I guess the goal is to make the audience wonder if the ring will be destroyed before Aragorn is smeared all over Mordor!

Another thing I saw was the death of Saruman. Grima slits Saruman's throat and kicks him over the edge of Orthanc where he is impaled on the wheel, then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!

First of all, it's good to hear Aragorn doesn't have a chance against Sauron in hand to hand combat.

Second of all, I get goosebumps picturing that Legolas shot. MY GOD!!!!!!!!! :Q:Q:Q

isildur

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: kami

I have a friend who told me about Return of the King, first thing, Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat.

Men of Gondor surround them both and Legolas shouts "Aragorn!" as a warning, then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue. It is not an even fight and Aragorn is nearly knocked to death as the countdown to the destruction of the ring begins. I guess the goal is to make the audience wonder if the ring will be destroyed before Aragorn is smeared all over Mordor!

Another thing I saw was the death of Saruman. Grima slits Saruman's throat and kicks him over the edge of Orthanc where he is impaled on the wheel, then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!

:eek:

Kami say it ain't so!

<sigh>

We'll have to see - this could be risky...

isildur

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
wasn't Titanic 4 hours? For a good movie, time is not a consideration.

No it wasn't, but Branagh's Hamlet was - it included an intermission though.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
UPDATE - ROTK Spoilers

This si from an insider source who TORN knows is legit, so it's pretty accuate

WHAT THE FSCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY CHANGED SOOO MANY THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|:|:|:|:|

*i'll be ok when it finally sink in to me.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
wasn't Titanic 4 hours? For a good movie, time is not a consideration.
Titanic and good movie should never be used in the same sentence. Well excepting of course the one I just wrote.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ranger X
Kami, are you making these DVD covers for fun? They look great!

Pretty much...I don't really get anything out of them. I'll be posting maybe 6 or so Two Towers ones tonight sometime.

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i want to know if they are even thinking about making the hobbit into a movie, I really don't see how they could go wrong.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
So I guess they're not going to be dealing with Saruman going back to the Shire?

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
So I guess they're not going to be dealing with Saruman going back to the Shire?

That's been discussed on many threads on many message boards. I think everyone finally agreed after bits and piece of info that they are not going to have that in the movie.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: abaez
Originally posted by: AvesPKS

That's been discussed on many threads on many message boards. I think everyone finally agreed after bits and piece of info that they are not going to have that in the movie.

Not just bits and pieces....Peter Jackson himself said the Scouring of the Shire was out like 2 years ago.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Alright, my two towers covers are up (some of them anyway). Link in sig