- Oct 9, 1999
1. I'm making Two Towers DVD covers now. You can check out my old FOTR covers from last year in my sig. My site there is approaching 80,000 hits and I am gettin emails every day bugging me so they'll be up soon. Hopefully I'll have a few up later tonight.
2. Return of the King crap:
-For those that don't know, all sources point to it being well over 3 hours in the theater. I dunno how they're going to do this...maybe they will have to add in an intermission. 3.5 to 4 hours is a long time sitting on your ass without a break.
-Everyone who has seen the rough cuts of ROTK are pretty amazed...here is a quote from Harvey Weinstein (exec producer at New Line):
This is regarding delaying another movie:
'The official reason will be that "the climate is not right" (an insider says) for a movie whose central character is a deserter. Unofficially, Harvey Weinstein has seen a rough cut of Return of the King (he is an Executive Producer) and says that it is "unstoppable" as a Best Picture winner."
3. Two Towers Extended Edition
- It's rumored that the bonuses in the gift set will be a Gollum statue plus an extra DVD from WETA on the evolution of Gollum (instead of the National Geographic DVD from last year)
- Rumored extended scenes:
1) Boromir saying goodbye to Faramir and Denethor, a flashback obviously.
2) Faramir sees a ghost or a shadow of Boromir and understands that Boromir died.
3) After destroying the Haradrim, Faramir says: "Interesting, who is he, where is his home, his family. Is there evil in his heart.... why is he travelling so far from home?' (or something like that, dont renember directly)
4) Faramir showing the road from Olgiliath to Sam and Frodo.
Misc. Release dates (for those who don't know yet)
TTT Theatrical 2 disc edition: August 26th
TTT Extended edition (5 disc, 43min extended footage): November 18th
Return of the King: December 17th
UPDATE - ROTK Spoilers
This si from an insider source who TORN knows is legit, so it's pretty accuate
I have a friend who told me about Return of the King, first thing, Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat.
Men of Gondor surround them both and Legolas shouts "Aragorn!" as a warning, then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue. It is not an even fight and Aragorn is nearly knocked to death as the countdown to the destruction of the ring begins. I guess the goal is to make the audience wonder if the ring will be destroyed before Aragorn is smeared all over Mordor!
Another thing I saw was the death of Saruman. Grima slits Saruman's throat and kicks him over the edge of Orthanc where he is impaled on the wheel, then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!