Lost Planet $4.99

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Well valve really is taking this "games are too expensive" talk seriously. Lost Planet will be just $5 this weekend. I have never played this game because I heard it was just an OK game, but for $5 I and definitely picking this up.

linkage

Thank you for participating in the forums, but this topic is already in progress here.
-Schadenfroh (AT Mod)

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
DAMN YOU STEAM AND YOUR WEEKEND DEALS!!!!!11!
On that note, I will have to buy it when I get home :)

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
So when non-Valve games are priced too high "It's the publishers fault, Valve don't set prices", and when there are sales, it's "Valve are taking this games are too expensive talk seriously", even if it's not a Valve game on sale?

Also weekend sales have been a feature of Steam for a long time. And for the person wanting Fallout 3, it's under $40 from Gogamer.com. As is Dawn of War 2 (on 48 hour offer) both vs $50 on Steam.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Isnt lost planet that direct X 10 game? Or that PhysX game? It was heavily associated with something like that on release anyways.

GaryJohnson

Jun 2, 2006
DirectX 10. They made a big deal out of it, but there's a few sites around that show a comparison of the DX9 & DX10 modes. I can't see that one is 'better' than the other, just a little different.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Lonyo
So when non-Valve games are priced too high "It's the publishers fault, Valve don't set prices", and when there are sales, it's "Valve are taking this games are too expensive talk seriously", even if it's not a Valve game on sale?

Also weekend sales have been a feature of Steam for a long time. And for the person wanting Fallout 3, it's under $40 from Gogamer.com. As is Dawn of War 2 (on 48 hour offer) both vs $50 on Steam.

Between Gogamer and Steam I'm broke and have too many games to play.

BTW I picked up fallout 3 from gogamer a month or so ago for $25.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Maximilian
Isnt lost planet that direct X 10 game? Or that PhysX game? It was heavily associated with something like that on release anyways.

DX10

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Lonyo

who knows, maybe some of the companies saw how a price drop can move old games.

Frodolives

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2001
Yeah, I think it's just an example of a good distribution system creating mutual benefits. An easy sale of thousands of units for a few bucks each is way better than 100% on a few sales of a product whose retail demand has stalled.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
It's a good game but is very linear, it's a typical Console action game, nothing more, but it's not actually "bad", generally speaking Capcom knows how to make fun games, and the multi-player is "ok" to burn some time during a rainy day. I myself gave it to a friend for free, it was accumulating dust on my desk, but the first play through is nothing bad really.

I can certainly say however that the graphics are - also to be noted the animations - great and very fluid and natural looking, and it is also true that some of the environments are huge (they remind me of some of the imposing-by-their-size levels of MDK 2, with much better graphics of course).

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Tried the demo and it felt clunky so I uninstalled it. Not sure there's a point in buying the game really.