Lost my wallet - flight in about 36 hours... what to do?

JonTheBaller

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2002
I'm in Omaha, NE. I have a flight at 6 tomorrow to Baltimore. I lost my wallet yesterday, and looked all over for it. I'll continue my search today, but I want to know what I can do in the next 36 hours to get a picture ID? Is there anyway I would be able to board the plane without a picture ID? I think I can get my parents to overnight me my passport, any other solutions for now?

Thanks.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Get an ID at the DMV, the DMV gives out temporary ones until real ones are mailed to your home.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
DMV should give you a new DL immediately after you wait in line. I've never hasd to have one mailed to me... But in Nebraska, maybe they have to wait to have the file developed and then take it to kinkos to have it laminated and.... ;)

Just bring some mail like a utility bill or something to show you live wher eyou say you live.. They shoudl have an old picture on file though I would think

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: johnnytightlips
Don't I need proof of my identity before the DMV will give me an ID?

Yes.

I would get the passport overnighted.

cremator

Sep 21, 2001
Don't I need proof of my identity before the DMV will give me an ID?

They should be up to date and have your info on file. If not, then you probally need a SS card and or birth certificate.

cremator

Sep 21, 2001
I forgot to mention I'm not from Nebraska, I'm from Maryland.

Overnight the passport then. Or, start making a cardboard sign and hit the freeway. =]

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
You can fly without an ID. But going on the flight alone, you will be singled out and subject to a lot of scrutiny. To save the hassle it would be worth the money to overnight the passport.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: rudder
You can fly without an ID. But going on the flight alone, you will be singled out and subject to a lot of scrutiny. To save the hassle it would be worth the money to overnight the passport.

I don;t think you can. Everytime I go through the airport they make everyone take out a picture ID and match the ID to the ticket. There might be a way to get through by saying, "I lost my wallet/ID" but they will probably pull you into another room and run something.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Just print this out with a color printer: Replacement ID, grab a laminator @ your local office store & you're all set.

(Seriously though, sorry about your predicament, hope you find your billfold)