Lost my BF2 CD key

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I know theres a way to find it if the game is installed on the computer, but its not and I lost the manual with the CD key on it. Is there anyway I can scan one of the installation discs for it?

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Contact the company. They might help you out. Doesnt hurt to try.

Are you sure it hasn't been installed on any PC? Even if it has been removed from the PC, as long as the HD hasn't been formatted you can still go into the registry to get it.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Each CD key is tied to a login and password, right?

As long as you have that you should probably be good to go.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
I went through this same thing. First off, even if it was installed on a computer you can't get the key. In one of the patches they changed the registry so you can't find your key. They said it was for "security", lol. Second, you can get a new key from EA, but you have to send them your CD to prove you own it, then they charge something like $10 to ship it back to you...wasn't worth it for me.

This was nearly a year ago so it could have changed slightly with their pricing.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: MikeyLSU
I went through this same thing. First off, even if it was installed on a computer you can't get the key. In one of the patches they changed the registry so you can't find your key. They said it was for "security", lol. Second, you can get a new key from EA, but you have to send them your CD to prove you own it, then they charge something like $10 to ship it back to you...wasn't worth it for me.

This was nearly a year ago so it could have changed slightly with their pricing.

Theres many ways to find the key if it is installed on the HD, just search google. Well looks like im going to go buy one of those value packs that includes the game and a couple expansions for 30 bucks.