Lost DMA tab in ATA controller settings

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by tart666, Feb 25, 2003.

1. tart666

tart666 Golden Member

I just noticed I don't have the "Advanced properties" page for my ATA controllers in my win2k box. All the other tabs are there: General / driver / resources. But not the DMA tab.

Also the "write cache enabled" is now grayed out on the HD properies page.

Any suggestions? I have SP3 with IAA 2.3 installed. Have two HD's primary master and primary slave. Secondary chain is CD and CDRW. Also have a Promise ATA66 card with a lone zip drive on it.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Lost controller settings Forum Date
    Totally lost....Booting Windows 10 out of two SSD's (sm961) in RAID0 Operating Systems Jul 15, 2017
    Ubuntu 16.04 - Lost Or is it just me? Operating Systems Sep 29, 2016
    Can I use System Restore in Windows to get back a document mostly lost in a crash? Operating Systems May 27, 2015
    Lost my Win 8 product key card. Anyway to get it back? Operating Systems Jan 31, 2014
    Lost keyboard control, Windows starting error. Operating Systems Mar 8, 2003

3. Lord Evermore

Lord Evermore Diamond Member

The Intel drivers should be enabling DMA by default, and won't give you the option to turn it off. This usually happens when you use manufacturer-specific drivers rather than the Microsoft generic drivers.

4. tart666

tart666 Golden Member

Thx, i did see that I can tweak DMA via the IAA application.

How about the "write cache" checkbox being disabled now, will that affect performance? And where do I turn it on now?