Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Mods, if this is in the wrong thread please move.

Many of you can’t stand Facebook but for me and millions of others, it’s a way to keep in touch with family and friends.

Hopefully somebody can help me to recover my account.

The situation:

Years ago, I enabled two-factor verification for Facebook and gave them a phone number to send me a recovery code. I moved last year and changed my phone number.

Recently I cleared my browser history. Facebook, no longer recognising my computer as a trusted device asked me to authenticate myself using the code they sent to my old phone number.Since I no longer have access to this phone number my next step was to follow the recovery options as described by facebook.

Provide a government-issued ID, or

Take a photo of yourself holding a sign with a hand-written code

After complying with both procedures several times for over a month I have yet to receive any kind of answers.

I then tried to create a new account for myself but they quickly disabled it.

So, what’s next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reactions: Thebobo

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Thats sucks, think I did that but I did it to my cell phone so the number should never change and thats all I have anyway.

Why did they disable your new account?

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Complain on Twitter and other social media. Send letters and emails to Facebook.

It sucks, but this is what happens when you over rely on one platform and get locked-in. You are subject to their rules and their support. This is why I use multiple services for everything and/or can quickly switch if needed. I hate lock-in.

Reactions: lxskllr

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
They quickly disabled a new account? I find that difficult to believe. I've seen friends harassed by fake accounts with their name and likeness for extended periods of time with hundreds of people reporting.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
OP, you are SO lucky!

Relax and enjoy your new-found freedom!