Lost 4x08

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
Aaron is one of the 6. They wouldn't say "Well here's 6 adults that survived the crash, then there's this baby survived the crash in utero, was born on the island, then survived for 2-3 months after that, but you know he's not really a survivor."

Aaron is one of the 6.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so how the hell did michael get a job on the boat?!?

did whitmore just hire anyone off the street to be part of the secret island team?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: mzkhadir
Originally posted by: 13Gigatons
The island won't allow you to kill yourself......sigh...ok this is getting kinda far fetched.

the gun wouldn't jam twice. or the car crash could have killed him

I was torn on this.

Is the gun that jammed twice the one Michael bought? I glanced away when Tom pulled his gun on Michael, I was thinking that Tom had his own gun and that is the one that Michael took back to his room.

I just figured that The Others gave Michael a faulty gun, knowing he would try to off himself with it, when it jams on him, he believes anything they tell him about the island.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: JEDI
so how the hell did michael get a job on the boat?!?

did whitmore just hire anyone off the street to be part of the secret island team?

it's only a deckhand position, but I'd imagine if The Others are going to go through the trouble of creating a fake password, they'd give him a fake resume.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Sluggo
The island won't allow you to kill yourself......sigh...ok this is getting kinda far fetched.

I was torn on this.

Is the gun that jammed twice the one Michael bought? I glanced away when Tom pulled his gun on Michael, I was thinking that Tom had his own gun and that is the one that Michael took back to his room.

I just figured that The Others gave Michael a faulty gun, knowing he would try to off himself with it, when it jams on him, he believes anything they tell him about the island.

is it a different gun than he had bought

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005

I was torn on this.

I think you're missing the point here - it could jam twice or it could jam 50 times.

Why?

Because it's a MAGICAL FUCKING ISLAND. That's why.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

I was torn on this.

I think you're missing the point here - it could jam twice or it could jam 50 times.

Why?

Well...what if Michael was pregnant and on the island, would the island still not allow him to die?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I was torn on this.

Why?

Well...what if Michael was pregnant and on the island, would the island still not allow him to die?

No, he'd die in the second Tri-mester(sp)

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Lol, that big guy is gay, no wonder in previous season when they captured kate he wasn't impressed with her body in the shower when he handed her a towel or something :p (the episode when they dressed up kate to meet Ben)

Oct 20, 2005
I probably have this wrong, but didn't they kill Tom on the island when hurley came to the rescue in his old 70's VW van? I thought that Sawyer lined them up and shot them out of cold blood.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

I was torn on this.

Why?

Manhattan is also Magical? :Q

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
I probably have this wrong, but didn't they kill Tom on the island when hurley came to the rescue in his old 70's VW van? I thought that Sawyer lined them up and shot them out of cold blood.

it was a flashback... the scene with Michael in the hotel took place after Michael left the island but before he died. in the "present" time, he is (presumably) dead.

UpgradeFailure

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
Anyone know, when Lost starts again next month, will it be a new episode every week again with no breaks and no reruns? or did the strike mess that up and we'll get reruns now?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five

Some of the others were killed by being shot, Sayid broke the neck of one them - along with Hurley killing one with the deathmobile - and Sawyer killed Tom as payback for kidnapping Walt.

flawlssdistortn

Sep 21, 2004
Originally posted by: lyssword
Lol, that big guy is gay, no wonder in previous season when they captured kate he wasn't impressed with her body in the shower when he handed her a towel or something :p (the episode when they dressed up kate to meet Ben)

Haha, finally they tie up that loose end! I mean c'mon, it's Evangeline freakin Lilly and she's naked in the shower, his character would have no choice but to try and jump her. I KNEW something was wrong :p

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003

I was torn on this.

is it a different gun than he had bought

When he tried to shoot himself, the gun behaved just as if it were empty. He pulled the trigger all the away and there was a click. I'm not a gun expert, but if it actually jammed I think it wouldn't acted differently.

So if the island can stop you from killing yourself anywhere in the world, does that make the island.....god???

Illusio

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481
just rewound it... it pretty clearly said "all of the oceanic six survivors have been revealed," and it flashed over jack, sayid, sun, hurley, aaron, and kate.

I was also just listening to the official lost podcast and damon and carton confirmed that the people you saw in the preview for the next episode are the oceanic six.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Dark Jedi
Originally posted by: loki8481
just rewound it... it pretty clearly said "all of the oceanic six survivors have been revealed," and it flashed over jack, sayid, sun, hurley, aaron, and kate.

I was also just listening to the official lost podcast and damon and carton confirmed that the people you saw in the preview for the next episode are the oceanic six.
Well that issue is solved then.

Damnit, I don't wanna wait until April 24th for the next episode. I wish Lost was on tonight and they played the reminder of the episodes straight through.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
From giantbomb.com review of the Lost videogame:

"Let me preface this review by saying that there was once a time that I was a huge fan of ABC?s smash-hit TV show Lost. I still watch the show week-in, week-out, though now it?s largely to ridicule my roommate, who foolishly maintains the belief that the writers aren?t just haphazardly piling one confounding mystery upon another, and that there will actually be some satisfactory resolution for all the muy loco goings-on in Lost. I watch the show, I hate myself for it, and then the cycle is renewed the following week."

= me

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
Originally posted by: clamum
Any ideas of who killed Rousseau and her daughter's boyfriend?

Good question. I'm guessing Ben's people at the Temple set-up an ambush for those two.

Thats my guess too. They could have easily shot her but didnt.

ben sent them up there knowing his people would follow orders to shoot anyone other than himself or his daughter. Earlier in the episode he had that look when the boyfriend but his arm around his daughter. He got the BF out of the picture without anyone being the wiser.