LOST 4x04

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: destrekor
Originally posted by: meltdown75
wow i can't believe how hot Kate looked in the bed... and how much they showed her in her sexy purple underwear :shocked:

(just watched 4x04)

I've had an obsession with her since the show began. Amazing body, exactly what I'd want in a women. Now to seduce her some how. Waking up to that would make every day the best day ever. :laugh:
were you kinda shocked by the gratuitous panty shots? shock & awe :shocked:

shocked is one way to describe it
:shocked:
very excited is another
:laugh:

BTW, after watching The Orchid Station video, holy hell what is going on with this island? They were freaking out when that second rabbit appeared, and I noticed why right away: same bloody number on the rabbit. Is the island, through the casimer effect (how that phenomenon comes into play here...), able to reproduce/clone living animals? Why is the bunnies the only thing to be effected, and not the humans?

And in that token, is the smoke monster some kind of run-away chain-reaction experiment? If they are working with large magnetic fields (this was brought up in Season Two, in the Swan Station iirc, if that is indeed the one that got destroyed), and now apparently the casimer effect, and all tying into with what they describe as 'unique properties of the island'... WTH was DHARMA doing?

Maybe the polar bear fossil they found has something to do with these experiments?
This show just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Yeah, that Orchid video is wild. The part where the scientist is so concerned not to have the 2 rabbits touch seems intersting. And if Carleton and Damon Lindeloff say to pay attention to to the video, it must be important.
Apparently we will see the video this season on the tv show.
So the island created a duplicate of Flight 815 or whatever. They are all alternate versions of themselves?

Probably not. If they were duplicates the helicopter pilot wouldn't have noticed the difference and called attention to the fact that the "found" Oceanix 815 was a fake.

Not true. He noticed that the ring on the pilot's finger was not correct (or there was none), since he was supposed to be piloting the plane.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
That episode with the funeral is still bugging me.

Seems that if all the 6 that got off the island are as famous as they are playing it off, a bunch of people would have shown up to the funeral. So it stands that the dead person wasnt one of the six.

But then who is that important to the story but wasnt on the island?

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005
someone help me out, i missed the first episodes of this season and possibly all of last season.

Is the oceanic six, the six survivors who will make it off. So far we have Hurley, Said, Jack, and Kate off the island correct?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, that Orchid video is wild. The part where the scientist is so concerned not to have the 2 rabbits touch seems intersting. And if Carleton and Damon Lindeloff say to pay attention to to the video, it must be important.
Apparently we will see the video this season on the tv show.

The island has/allows for experimentation with casimir effect.

Theoretically, casimir "negative energy" is supposed to allow for faster than light speed and/or time travel.

The two rabbits are actually the same rabbit - you could say the same rabbit existing twice in one time frame.

If a "normal" rabbit has "positive" energy and a rabbit time traveling etc under the casimir effect has "negative" energy it may be required to keep them seperated so as to aviod a devastating action.

Ok, that's my guess. :)

Fern

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: antyler
someone help me out, i missed the first episodes of this season and possibly all of last season.

Is the oceanic six, the six survivors who will make it off. So far we have Hurley, Said, Jack, and Kate off the island correct?
IIRC Ben also makes it off, as he is shown talking to Said in 4x03. Unless he isn't considered one of the 6...

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: antyler

IIRC Ben also makes it off, as he is shown talking to Said in 4x03. Unless he isn't considered one of the 6...

He wasn't on the Oceanic so he wouldn't be part of the 6

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: MrChad
Wow, you guys really help fill me in to little details I miss.
I thought I heard the kid's name was Eric, and due to the blonde hair I immediately thought it was Kate and Sawyer's kid.
I wonder what Jack knows/thinks.. does he think it's her and Sawyer's kid, and thus doesn't really want to see the kid? Or, does he know it's Claire's kid and doesn't want to be reminded of her likely not making it off the island?

And what's up with the story of 8 surviving the crash at first? Are there actually more than 6 survivors but they are somewhere else?

There are a number of possibilities:

1. Kate had Sawyer's kid and named it Aaron in honor of Claire's kid.
2. Kate took Aaron as her own because Claire was killed.
3. Claire gave Aaron to Kate because Kate was able to leave the island and Claire was not.
4. Kate stole Aaron from Claire.

Re: How does Kate have Claire's child?

The timeline, notwithstanding Walt, would seem topreclude it being Claire's son Aaron. He's what 4 yrs old about? I don't believe a trial would take that long. Plus, the show's writers had led us to believe it IS Kate's kid the episoade - that alone (their constant deception & tricks) combined with us learning his name was Aaron at the very end in dramatic fashion lead me to believe it's Claire's kid, not Kate's.

But we know some lying has been going on - Kate's mother and likely the authorities have been told it's Kate's kid. Highly doubtul the authorities would allow Kate, a non-relative facing felony murder charges, custody of the child unless they thought it hers.

I'm curious why the prosecution at trial would ask Jack if he was in love with her. Not normal.

Re: Why is Jack reluctatnt to see the kid?

1. Out of jelousy etc, only plausible if Sawyer's child. And I don't believe that Sawyer is the father.

2. Fear? It's a possibility. I thought up til his birth no children could be born on the island, all died. So, something is unusual about him.

Does it have something to do with time travel, like Aaron spooks Jack for some reason?

3. Guilt? Again, seems a possibility. kate won't see Jack until he accepts seeing Aaron. Does Kate want Jack to "get over" something? Is this the something that drives him to drink & drugs?

4. Honor? Did he make a promise? IDK, would seem an odd promise. I'd expect the opposite, if I'm Claire and can't leave the island I might want Jack to promise to help take care of him.

Finally, remember the small coffin we saw when jack showed up at the "empty" funural parlor? Is that Aaron? Does he not wanna see Aaron because he knows somehow that he's gonna die fairly soon?

Fern