Question Losing Networking when going from WiFi AP to Router WiFi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tekz

Oct 15, 2019
Hi all, I made a hasty networking diagram to describe this issue below:

zzGusmQ.png

Appreciate any help, I'm out of ideas :/

tekz

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah I keep the firmware up to date for security patches etc. It's usually rock solid with its functions and yeah they are a bit pricey but their Soho routers are top notch full of features, I've heard their AP's aren't great though. I've actually got in contact with them and they want to do a remote session, trying to align with their business hours to do this, will let you know how I get on.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah I keep the firmware up to date for security patches etc. It's usually rock solid with its functions and yeah they are a bit pricey but their Soho routers are top notch full of features, I've heard their AP's aren't great though. I've actually got in contact with them and they want to do a remote session, trying to align with their business hours to do this, will let you know how I get on.

That's a good idea, i'm glad they're willing to do that.

the 2nd wap, what is it?

tekz

Oct 15, 2019
It's a TP-Link TL-W850RE V5, just has two modes, wireless extender and wireless AP, one of those wall plug type things, quite cheap but does the job.

tekz

Oct 15, 2019
Just to update in case you're interested, had a remote support session with DrayTek technical support, after testing they agreed it's a software bug with firmware and I've been asked to run some tests and send the logs via E-Mail, the developers will find out the issue and release firmware at some point. Will do this on the weekend but as it'll be a firmware fix I doubt it will be done anytime soon.

Regardless, thank you all for your help and suggestions, very appreciated.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Thanks for the update. We are definitely interested, I didn't wanna bump the thread for a little while, so thanks for coming back. Good on draytek, your experience with them means a lot to techs in the field. I won't forget this, taking ownership of the problem means they care.