Losing DSL connection!!!

Phedis

Jul 29, 2002
Ok, here I am again. I am working on this Dell XPS desktop computer with a Microsoft M-500 Wireless router. The DSL connection stops working every couple of weeks. It will work fine for about 2-3 weeks, then one day it will stop working. Sometimes you can restart the computer and it works fine, other times we have to call the local ISP to get it working again. The ISP has sent out there guys to reset the connection but they dont know whats wrong with it and why it does that. Anybody have any ideas as to why it does this? If more info is needed please let me know. I hope this isnt too vague. Thanks guys.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Phedis
Ok, here I am again. I am working on this Dell XPS desktop computer with a Microsoft M-500 Wireless router. The DSL connection stops working every couple of weeks. It will work fine for about 2-3 weeks, then one day it will stop working. Sometimes you can restart the computer and it works fine, other times we have to call the local ISP to get it working again. The ISP has sent out there guys to reset the connection but they dont know whats wrong with it and why it does that. Anybody have any ideas as to why it does this? If more info is needed please let me know. I hope this isnt too vague. Thanks guys.

How many DSL Microfilters in your house? You may need to do a home run:

New Wire Home Run

No Wire Home Run