Looks like JKidd will indeed be joining the Mavericks

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Text

Sources say Mavs swingman Trenton Hassell and the retired Keith Van Horn will be plugged into the trade in place of Jerry Stackhouse and Devean George. If the newly proposed deal goes through, New Jersey would receive 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, center DeSagana Diop, guard Maurice Ager, forwards Hassell and Van Horn, two first-round draft picks and $3 million in cash for Kidd and Nets forward Malik Allen.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
we sure are giving up a lot, looks like championship or bust for Cuban. At least he is trying to win, unlike Tom Hicks.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: thepd7
we sure are giving up a lot, looks like championship or bust for Cuban. At least he is trying to win, unlike Tom Hicks.

You guys could resign Diop next year

Apr 17, 2005
nice...i dunno why people are bitching about this trade. they cannot win without a pg running the show ( jason terry plays like a 2). all teams have a window and they're trying to put together the best team possible to win within that timeframe.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
nice...i dunno why people are bitching about this trade. they cannot win without a pg running the show ( jason terry plays like a 2). all teams have a window and they're trying to put together the best team possible to win within that timeframe.

The Mavs window already closed. In fact, it might have plywood over it too.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
the mistake cuban made was holding onto dirk. he should have traded dirk away 3 or 4 seasons ago when he was at his peak.

now he has no trade value and his game has major holes in it.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: JujuFish
Originally posted by: oiprocs
The old one sucked. Like your grammar.
Apparently, your grammar sucks as well.

Apparently, your inability to fully comprehend the meaning of my post has resulted in your ability to post an irrelevant post.

Bye bye. :p

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
the mistake cuban made was holding onto dirk. he should have traded dirk away 3 or 4 seasons ago when he was at his peak.

now he has no trade value and his game has major holes in it.

A big mistake was paying Dampier big $$ and letting Nash go to the Suns. D'oh!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I don't really care that much about basketball, but I have tickets to the Nets March 12th vs. Cavs, hope they can make a game out of it.