Looks like Drive for Five will be delayed yet again.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
And everyone is driving electrics...

Gas prices are the least of our problems right now. This issue is so 2007.

LOL yeah, what's he going to do in 20 years when nobody is buying gas anymore? Make false claims about the cost of electricity?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I asked my Phone AI what the average price of gasoline is in California and was told it's $3.33 a gallon. When you tell people they hate themselves you don't have any friends.

Speaking of self hate, a topic I mention only on those rare occasions when it applies, and with rarity measured in picoseconds, @dmcowen674, I think @Vic is probably on the money when he suggested you need attention to feed victimhood. Instead of doing that, which will never fill that kind of void, you might seek psychological counciling to see if you can discover why you feel like a victim. We have all been made to feel worthless and that leaves scars that we have been cheated, but it could not have been any other way. You can never fill the void that leaves or ever get even. What you can do is discover how you feel and by doing so remember when you felt that way long ago. If you can remember that you will see that what you were made to feel was a lie. To remember how you were victimized completely changes how you see the world. You will know with certainty the problem isn't out there but that you were made to belive you deserved to be a victim. You did not. Listen if you can because very few can tell you these things.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I have friends that posted pics of the pumps today. You are free to drive out there yourself and see with your own eyes.
Then you must post several of these linked and dated pics here. Facts matter. This is a "No 'alternative facts' zone."

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I saw and read (and spread) it on the internet so it must be true.

You might want to consider your sources and clean them up a bit. Or even better yet how about you call out their lies with actual evidence so everyone in your circle knows they're full of shit and gullible idiots.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And everyone is driving electrics...

Gas prices are the least of our problems right now. This issue is so 2007.
I do foresee some upwards pressure on oil and gas prices as the COVID situation improves and there's a lag in oil production ramping back up. There could be a modest spike later this year, depending on how this works out.

EVs are the real wildcard though. I went car shopping on a lark last month and was surprised to discover that the Model 3 is competitive across the board in its class. I even test drove a Model 3 Performance and an Audi RS3 back to back, and while the Audi definitely generates more grins, you pay for those grins, and the Tesla is by far the better bang for buck with a similar level of performance and luxury for $10k less (plus no gas fill ups or oil changes).