Looks like Computer Geeks has stocked the shelves

junthin

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yup that sounds about right, most makers are liquidating the old stock (it happens at the end of every year) so you'll usually see them in overstock/bulk buy type of stores like CompGeeks or Overstock.com ;). However, Compgeeks has been a bit slow on shipping lately. :(

breweyez

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
too bad the 10% coupon is dead:(is there any other coupon deals from the geeks?

Evilmage

Nov 20, 2000
comp geek rules, shipping has probably been slow lately because of a lot of business. always been fast for me

I remember the geeks like a 2 years ago, they sure have a lot of business now

Holycrap

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
The real reason for all the new stock is that their major supplier, evertek.com, was not shipping product for 2 weeks due to the holiday, although they were receiving product and listing stuff for sale. They and compgeeks are very close, do a lot of business together, and you'll often see stuff at evertek sell out and show up at compgeeks 2 days later.

Sometimes compgeek buys in such large quantities that, especially with the Mastercard Coupon (shhh! I did not give the code, don't point a finger at me, I know better) you can by a single item for less from Compgeeks than you could from Evertek. All you need for an evertek account is a business name . . .they ship UPS COD, so just have a check handy . . they'll take personal checks . . .minimum order of $100, but they are often slow in shipping stuff out.

Kwad Guy

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 1999
I looked into buying from Evertek a while ago, and it required more
than a business name. You needed a resale license and they were very
strict about that requirement...

Kwad

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
ComputerGeeks and Evertek are basically the same company. Evertek is the wholesale side and CG is the retail side of their business.

Bobartig

Apr 1, 2000
A resale license requires like $20 and an hour of your time at the courthouse (heck, parking costs more!). What does evertek carry?

bambam

Oct 28, 1999
To belabor the resale license thing a little more. In some states you will be obligated to file a sales tax return whether you do or do not you resell the merchandise.

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
geeks ?
good price for not so up to date stuff
2 weeks+ slow shipping

the hd in the refurbished system I bought DIE !!!
no email reply from RMA dpt, no phone answer..

make sure u know what u are doing b4 u bought stuff from them

NimX

Mar 2, 2001

<< geeks ?
good price for not so up to date stuff
2 weeks+ slow shipping

the hd in the refurbished system I bought DIE !!!
no email reply from RMA dpt, no phone answer..

make sure u know what u are doing b4 u bought stuff from them
>>

jimmyhaha, I surprised you had a problem RMAing an item to them. I bought a refurbed Lite-On DVD from them in December only to find it hadn't been very nicely refurbed (either that or UPS decided to drop it a few times and dislodge something in the drive mechanism). I emailed them over a weekend and had a prompt reply Monday morning with an RMA# for a full refund with no "restocking fee."

greg

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Great, they have stock...but be warned that the stuff does not ship for 5-7 days. They claim holiday crunch.

rj2828

Sep 28, 2001
Just pray you don't have any kind of problem with your order.

I ordered a picture frame, and they gave me the run around for a MONTH.

Reason - they were planning to bump up the price from $99 to $119, so they figured they'd hassle everyone they could out of their order.

I sent three very calm e-mails to them, only to receive very annoying, useless e-mails in return. Incidentally, every phone call yielded little or no help, and took at least 5-10 minutes of my time. Did I mention no 800 number?

Never again. I'll look for deals elsewhere, simply out of principle.

MickeyBoy

Dec 27, 2001

Hey, what does it take for CompGeeks to answer their e-mail? I have a DOA power supply and have e-mailed them at several different addresses with no response. The one-year guarantee of the psu is not much good if the company won't stand behind it. :disgust:

johto

Apr 20, 2001

<< A resale license requires like $20 and an hour of your time at the courthouse (heck, parking costs more!). What does evertek carry? >>

could you elaborate? i've always wanted to get on ingram's website.

MickeyBoy

Dec 27, 2001

Hi again,

Please ignore my post - just got an e-mail from tekgeek with an RMA number. The customer service people, to whom I wrote first, still have not replied.:cool:

JumpOnDeals

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2000

<< too bad the 10% coupon is dead:(is there any other coupon deals from the geeks? >>

Yes! There are TWO 10% OFF coupons right now for CompGeeks (can be found...).

Steve