Looking to Buy A New NootBook... Help Please =)

Herradura

May 7, 2007
I am looking to buy a new laptop for school starting in September. Usually I can answer these questions myself but, I have not been in the comp:tech loop this past year and a half, so I need help.

Everyone knows most computers perform the same if the have the same parts but what really matters is the which company (if any) you purchase your new toy from. I have NEVER bought a laptop for my own so what are you guys opinions on the best company I should buy from. Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony? It Will be mainly for school work and some light multi media. It if comes with a dedicated low end video card thats great but not required.

As I said I have know idea what the new tech is (CPU's, HDD's, LCD's) so another factor is will something better be released in the August:September time area? If so, would it be worth waiting for? I do NOT want a desktop replacement so the screen should be 14-15". also I am looking to spend from $800 Through &1200:Max. Hoping to spend $1000.

I am not asking you for someone to research and put a laptop together for me but, what I am asking is: What brand has best support and quality. Should I wait for soon released better hardware. and will the hardware be in my price range?

Help and opinions, Thank you

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Apple and Lenovo have, in my opinion, the best support and quality.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Agree with the Stu. Be sure and read through this thread as it asks the same question.

Notebook

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
You wont go wrong with HP/Compaq notebook at reasonable price

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
Wait until September then... Prices will fall and new things will be released, making our points moot.