Looking for The Movies + Expansion digital download.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Does anyone happen to know where I can purchase The Movie with the expansion pack digitally? I know Steam had it before, but it's gone now.

Trying to find it via google isn't very helpful because of the name. I checked the EA store and impulse, no go there.

Any ideas? Thanks!

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Amazon has the boxed copy from a third party retailer. You wouldn't find it on the EA store because it's an Activision game.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'm pretty sure all sites pulled it cause the website for it was taken down. The website that was pretty much the center of the game for a lot of stuff, they decided to shut it down and stopped selling the game.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I'm pretty sure all sites pulled it cause the website for it was taken down. The website that was pretty much the center of the game for a lot of stuff, they decided to shut it down and stopped selling the game.

Yeah I was reading that on their impaled forums. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to continue to sell a game especially in digital form.

Oh well looks like I'll have to go the amazon route.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Yeah I was reading that on their impaled forums. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to continue to sell a game especially in digital form.

Oh well looks like I'll have to go the amazon route.

From what I have heard from people that play. The website supplied a lot of the content for the game with sharing and such, because it was considered the source of the games content, when it was taken down they stopped selling it.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I got it from Direct 2 Drive awhile back

not there any more though

Last edited:

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
From what I have heard from people that play. The website supplied a lot of the content for the game with sharing and such, because it was considered the source of the games content, when it was taken down they stopped selling it.

Ah so all this awesome user contributed content I was hearing about is also gone then too with the death of the website?

I've done a little searching and again the name of the game doesn't lend itself well to finding anything specific which means I haven't turned up any good fan sites with user content.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Ah so all this awesome user contributed content I was hearing about is also gone then too with the death of the website?

I've done a little searching and again the name of the game doesn't lend itself well to finding anything specific which means I haven't turned up any good fan sites with user content.

Correct, from what I remember it reading, the website was kinda the hub for content and that was the reason it discontinued being sold since a lot of the games content was literally taken away when they closed the site.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Correct, from what I remember it reading, the website was kinda the hub for content and that was the reason it discontinued being sold since a lot of the games content was literally taken away when they closed the site.

Wow, that sucks. There is plenty of Content with the game itself, but I watched quite a few of the Fan Made Movies and the loss of them is tragic.