Looking for some feedback from Asus P8Z77-M owners

toshvan

Nov 7, 2004
Since Asus doesn't have any Z75 motherboards I was looking at Asus P8Z77-M as a cheap Z solution for my computing needs. Can anybody share some experience with this motherboard, stability and overclocking-wise?

I know it has only 4+1 VRM, but I only intend to do 4.2-4.4MHz overclock so I guess that shouldn't bother me. The board doesn't have Asus TPU but I don't mind that ether, since I prefer to do my overclocking manually.

Other parts are: i-2500K CPU and use a pair of RAM sticks from Mushkin (997000 - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 7-8-7-24 Redline).

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
did you buy this board? I am looking to use it in a build pretty soon and am wondering how others like it

toshvan

Nov 7, 2004
did you buy this board? I am looking to use it in a build pretty soon and am wondering how others like it

Nope, not yet... I'm not in a hurry and kinda still waiting for some more choice (in my country) but it's still the only choice within the budget. If I'm unable to find some Asrock z77/z75 boards locally, I'll have to buy this board.

From what I've seen in another forum couple of guys managed a medium OC and didn't complain about problems with the board. It's Asus so I guess it's solid, just not the absolute best possible value for the money.

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
are all four of the fan headers independent? Asus has an annoying habit of fusing some headers to the same PWM. Just ordered the board (non-pro) and am pretty excited.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
are all four of the fan headers independent? Asus has an annoying habit of fusing some headers to the same PWM. Just ordered the board (non-pro) and am pretty excited.

They appear to be, although only my CPU and rear chassis fans are PWM. The two fans that I have in the front of the case are not PWM, so are being voltage controlled by the motherboard.

toshvan

Nov 7, 2004
What Country? And By "locally" do you mean anywhere in the country online or not, or do you mean within X driving distance?

That's a Micro-ATX board, does it have to be Micro-ATX?
Macedonia, m8. And because of the discount I have at the local store that carries Asus (and some Asrock) those Gigabite boards are more expensive than the thread subject: P8Z77-M.
For some reason P8Z77-V LX seems to be 20% more expensive than P8Z77-M.

Board format is not important, though I'd prefer full ATX if possible. Thing is I fully explored the local options and the only P8Z77-M seems to fit both the requirements and the budget. Feature-wise only P8Z77-V seems viable upgrade over the P8Z77-M but that one's like twice the price of P8Z77-M.

Barring some eventual stability and quality problems I'm kind of a surrendered that P8Z77-M is my future, I only wanted to know if it will be able to do some modest OC on the i2500K CPU that I already have.