Looking for single speaker TV/PC and iPhone solution

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Currently living in a dorm, space is limited and one speaker is enough to fill the room with sound.

I have a 32" TV (Samsung Q50R 4K QLED) across from the bed on one wall. Opposite the TV against the other wall is my desk right next to my bed with a Windows laptop.

At the moment I'm using a Sonos One Gen 2 sitting on the desk right next to the laptop. Voice assistant is a must, I use it daily, mainly Alexa.

However, with the Sonos lacking any line-in I'm unable to use it as a PC speaker. It also won't connect with the TV over wifi to get audio. So it's pretty much only being used as a Spotify speaker and Alexa assistant.

I've been looking for options that have a line-in to use with the PC, and can also work wirelessly with the TV because stretching a cable all the way across the room is a no go.

The Echo Studio seemed like a decent option, apparently it can sync with a Fire TV 4K to get TV audio over wifi without audio delay issues. But a Google search turned up a lot of complaints about Spotify functionality breaking when using the Echo Studio in a Home Theater setup with a Fire TV which would be a deal breaker. Not sure if that has been patched yet. It does have line in so it would work for both PC and my TV as long as Spotify issues have been solved. However, I'd lose Airplay support that Sonos has.

I think the Bose 300/500 might be another option, it has line in for the PC, and can possibly sync TV audio wirelessly using an Apple TV and Airplay. I know there can be audio delay issues with Airplay for video, but given the small room size I think it would be ok?

Does anyone know of a wifi speaker that would sync with my Samsung TV that still has connectivity options for my laptop?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I have a Samsung HW-MS350 soundbar, which has wifi mode to connect to Samsung TV's and line in. Dunno your budget, but this is a pretty nice speaker. I also have the add on wireless rear speakers and sub for it. I use it for music and movies, I have it in my bedroom and it gets really loud with no distortion. I can't comment on the wifi with the Samsung TV's as I have an LG, but if you can swing the $$$ it's something to at least look into. Or really just check for any of the Samsung Sound+ soundbars, I believe they all have wifi. While it doesn't have Alexa built-in, it connects with Bluetooth to echo devices so when I talk to my Dot the sound comes out of the sound bar. The only thing there, it has to be in BT mode to work with Alexa, and if you have it in BT mode you won't be able to get sound from your laptop or TV unless you change the mode.