Looking for SFX powered case.

Shehriazad

Nov 3, 2014
Heya folks, I'm trying to shrink down as small as possible and still fit in good hardware...a part of what makes cases bigger than they should be in the ITX area...is of course their support for ATX PSUs.

I plan on doing a 970 ITX build (Through I friend I got a used ITX 970 he no longer needs) just for the fun of it.

But now the thing is...do you guys know any proper SFX PSU compliant mini cases that still fit a normal GPU? (The 970 ITX doesn't really go past an ITX board, so length shouldn't be an issue, but having to use a PCI-E extension cable etc is also no problem)

There is no such thing as a budget on this build...I'm just trying to find whatever fits my style.

I am a fan of cubes and have a multitude of Cooltek U builds. (A U2 and 2x a U1 build).

And like I said..I'm trying to make it as small as possible while still fitting that card. For CPU I'm very likely going with a decent Intel this time around.

Last edited:

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Silverstone SG05 can fit midsize cards, up to 9.5" long. The newer SG13 is compatible with ATX PSUs, but the case is the same size, it's just a slightly different design

Feb 25, 2011
I have an SG05 and like it. I actually have a "normal" sized 660Ti in it.

I've noticed the SG13 - between the ATX PSU support and an extra inch or so or GPU room, it seems like a likely upgrade for me some day.

I'm glad this form factor is sticking around.

Shehriazad

Nov 3, 2014
That one looks nice...now I forgot to mention something, I actually prefer cases that come WITHOUT slots for optical drives. Sure, I can just leave it empty...but having the perfect sleek look without any optical drive bay messing with it would be awesome.

If anyone knows a case like that, feel free to tell me...otherwise the SG05 looks nice already.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
If anyone knows a case like that, feel free to tell me...otherwise the SG05 looks nice already.

SG13 has no optical drive slot. The model numbers are

SST-SG13B (black, mesh front panel)
SST-SG13B-Q (black, plastic front panel with faux aluminum finish)

The B-Q looks cleaner. It's not on newegg though, but here it is in Amazon for $65

Last edited:

Shehriazad

Nov 3, 2014
SG13 has no optical drive slot. The model numbers are

SST-SG13B (black, mesh front panel)
SST-SG13B-Q (black, plastic front panel with faux aluminum finish)

The B-Q looks cleaner. It's not on newegg though, but here it is in Amazon for $65

Awww Yissssssss.

Thank you! That is probably what I'm gonna get. Gonna cram in some water cooling there and be done with it.

Thanks for the help, folks.

Edit: This might even be the first case that I would try to do a casemod on...I feel like replacing the front with some plexiglass could potentially look awesome if done right. Will make sure to post results once I did the build. (Early May)

Last edited:

Valantar

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2014
Speaking of Silverstone, the FT03 Mini is pretty awesome looking. Definitely not your normal miniature cube-ish case, but very, very compact, and fits large GPUs. Also, the cooling is supposed to be great for a mITX SFF case. The downside is that the top-facing IO panel and its cover adds a few inches to the height, but that "chimney" design is what gives it excellent airflow.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=333