Looking for RPG offline but multiplayer with LAN

jd254

Aug 23, 2007
Anyone remember Secret of Mana for the SNES? Nice multiplayer with complete begnining and ending. No need for level grinding like most MMO that does this for continuious long term play. I heard Fable 2 is multiplayer, can't wait for a PC version if we can LAN it. I don't really like the idea of a hack and slash game though. If it's more like Final Fantasy XII with multiplayer support, I would buy it. Hell, make a multiplayer mod for Final Fantasy XII and I'll buy it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Right off the top of my head I can only think of one multiplayer RPG that isnt an MMO: Baldurs Gate 2.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
I recall one of my friends bugging another to play with him through NeverWinter Nights 2 in co-op, might want to check that out.

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
What about Dungeon Siege series? That was pretty awesome and is also co-op up to 8 players for the first.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Originally posted by: Andrew1990
What about Dungeon Siege series? That was pretty awesome and is also co-op up to 8 players for the first.

Fun game, but very hack-and-slash with some added effects.

Much more fun single-player wise than Diablo II, however.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Right off the top of my head I can only think of one multiplayer RPG that isnt an MMO: Baldurs Gate 2.

Um . . . you forget about Bioware's other RPG title, Neverwinter Nights? :p

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I'd be interested in a game of your description as well. Baldurs gate and NWN were totally not my cup of tea though. I <3 Diablo, but have played both to death. Same with Dungeon Siege, but DS1 wont even work on vista anymore and DSII is meh. Titan Quest is similar but also quite meh (beat it on normal and quit). I need another game of this variety for lan play.... But does one even exist?

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
Titan Quest Gold

Originally posted by: TidusZ
I'd be interested in a game of your description as well. Baldurs gate and NWN were totally not my cup of tea though. I <3 Diablo, but have played both to death. Same with Dungeon Siege, but DS1 wont even work on vista anymore and DSII is meh. Titan Quest is similar but also quite meh (beat it on normal and quit). I need another game of this variety for lan play.... But does one even exist?

Save some pennies for Diablo 3

I think...
Overlord
Spellforce 2

Check those out