Looking for recommendations for dual monitors

fiveolddogs

Nov 24, 2002
I have a very average 4 year old PC setup. I do a little Photoshop, a little gaming, and a lot of Word, Excel, and web browsing.

I have been using a single 23" 16:9-ish Asus monitor. I am looking to donate that monitor to another workstation and upgrade to two matching monitors.

I'm looking for recommendations for a pair of budget-minded displays which I won't regret buying.

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Do you know if your old monitor was a TN panel, IPS panel? What is the model number of it?

The reason I am asking is because if it was a TN panel and you didn't notice the color shift in Photoshop, another TN panel could suit you just as well. But if you had IPS before, you'll probably want to stick with IPS.

You could also look into the 21:9 monitors that are out there.

http://www.anandtech.com/tag/219

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Are you looking to upgrade in size or resolution? ASUS and BenQ both make some nice 27" 1440p monitors which would be excellent for productivity use.

fiveolddogs

Nov 24, 2002
Are you looking to upgrade in size or resolution? ASUS and BenQ both make some nice 27" 1440p monitors which would be excellent for productivity use.

I would be open to any size at 24+ inches. The double-wide monitors are intriguing as well.

I'm hoping there are some specific models which can be recommended.

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
If you don't mind glossy: Dell u2415h. Reeeaaalllly thin bezels, IPS, 24 in. Very reasonable price. I just got 3. Get the non-h version if you don't like glossy or prefer the 16:10 aspect ratio. It's a bit spendier, but the non-h version comes factory calibrated. u2415. Both of them have very low measured response time lag for IPS monitors; definitely good enough for gaming which is what I use them for. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2415.htm

For multi-monitor the thin bezels are extremely nice. It's like ~6.5mm total bezel from image to edge. It makes a colossal difference in immersion for triple monitor gaming at least, the bezels are thin enough I just stop noticing them

Last edited: