Looking for new optical mouse with weights

sakis_the_fraud

Sep 13, 2016
Hello!

I am finally looking for a new mouse, since my old and trusty "Microsoft Sidewinder X5" is dying slowly in my hand.

Here are my basic needs:
-optical only
-right hand only
-with cable
-with additional weights
-palm grip
-now using max 2000dpi sensitivity, every new one supports this level of sensitivity
-apart from the standard left-middle-right i also want back-front on the thumb and a way to change dpi without entering the software. I don't care if it is with dedicated buttons for profiles, or you go up down or you cycle through them.
-if possible, RGB lightning, it isn't a deal-breaker for me, but it is a welcome extra
wink.gif

Here are the dimensions of my current mouse:
Quote:
Product Dimensions
Mouse Length 5.07 inches (129 millimeters)
Mouse Width 3.06 inches (77.7 millimeters)
Mouse Depth/Height 1.61 inches (40.9 millimeters)
Mouse Weight 5.70 ounces (162 grams)

I would like it to be a little lighter and a little shorter, shorter is easy, but since I don't know how much lighter, weights is the only option.

The first thing that failed on my current mouse, was the rubber around the scroll wheel, the last year i am scrolling by touching the plastic core of the wheel...
So on my new one, I would like the wheel to have something durable.

After a small research the Logitech G502 Proteus seems ideal, but its over my budget of around 65 euros shipped.
mad.gif

I live in Europe, Greece, so focus on European e-shops :)

any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!
biggrin.gif

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
I don't understand why you want additional weights if you want a lighter mouse? Also, is gaming important?

My top 2 mice would be the Logitech G Pro or the G403. Like all gaming mice, they are about 65 euros shipped. The Zowie line is also quite good. They have different sizes, though, so you might want to check their website to get the correct size if that's what you prefer. Again, as gaming mice go, they're not cheap.

Then again, a good gaming mouse will last quite a few years, so, for me, it's not a bad deal to spend a little more for something that will last a long time.

sakis_the_fraud

Sep 13, 2016
I don't understand why you want additional weights if you want a lighter mouse? Also, is gaming important?

My top 2 mice would be the Logitech G Pro or the G403. Like all gaming mice, they are about 65 euros shipped. The Zowie line is also quite good. They have different sizes, though, so you might want to check their website to get the correct size if that's what you prefer. Again, as gaming mice go, they're not cheap.

Then again, a good gaming mouse will last quite a few years, so, for me, it's not a bad deal to spend a little more for something that will last a long time.
I want it a little lighter, but I can't tell if 20-30-40g is enough. :/

Yes I play mainly FPS games.

The Logitech that you suggest have a rubber scroll wheel, something I would like to avoid.

I have seen the Zowie series, nothing with weights.

From my search, I have seen the Cooler Master Sentinel III and the Sharkoon SKILLER SGM1 that fit my needs on paper, what do you think about them?

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
Honestly, most FPS players find weights to be a useless gimmick. Just about all the pros prefer the lightest mouse possible. Usually between the 80-90g range. Heavier mice are more useful for high sensitivity applications like MOBA or RTS.

I've never looked at the mice you said because they are far too heavy for me. They both have good sensors though. I'd check Rocket Jump Ninja's website for more information.

Reactions: sakis_the_fraud
Feb 4, 2009
I want it a little lighter, but I can't tell if 20-30-40g is enough. :/

Yes I play mainly FPS games.

The Logitech that you suggest have a rubber scroll wheel, something I would like to avoid.

I have seen the Zowie series, nothing with weights.

From my search, I have seen the Cooler Master Sentinel III and the Sharkoon SKILLER SGM1 that fit my needs on paper, what do you think about them?

I'm looking for a G9 replacement, I have to say that mouse looks nice but I always find it best to try holding one.
I also have to point out that mouse is rated for 10 million clicks which sounds like alot but most name brand mice are rated for 20-25 million clicks so its half the lifespan