looking for help on Crysis

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I HATE using walkthrus on games and almost never do. I'm playing Crysis at a friends and am stuck like hell at one point. I don't exactly want to know how to do it, here's my question

this is the level where you're on the aircraft carrier and the u got to fight the huge alien thing. The part before I got on to the deck where the alien craft thing pops up my objective was to go back to the one room on the ship and get that special nuke gun that hadn't been tested. I was unable to locate the room and the only arrow on my map pointed me to the deck. When I start to fight the alien that chick keeps yelling for me to use some gun. Don't remember the name off hand. On the deck I find a mini gun a rocket launcher and that one that shoots the energy or whatever.

all I want to know is was I supposed to get the nuke gun before I went on the deck? I would assume it wouldn't let me out there if I didn't have the right weapon but the 3 I'm finding on the deck don't seem to be touching this fool, and that stupid ass chick keeps telling to use [whatever] gun. Is this gun on the deck? I am so confused :)

SexyK

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2001
You're looking for the TAC cannon... it's in the armory below deck. It's the same room you were in when you sat in the weird chair and had the scientist pocking and prodding you.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
thanks for your help, I knew it was that gun, hummm the door is blocked once I stepped on to the deck guess I gotta reload the previous game.

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
You don't actually need the TAC cannon yet. You have to wait till you defeat the alien. After you kill the alien you have to kill the "mothership" i would suppose it's called. That's when you need the nuke. EDIT: BUT you do need it before you go on deck :(

SexyK

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2001
Oh i thought he was on the mothership. If you just have to kill the spider looking thing, you just have to keep pummeling it with conventional weapons. I think you have another opportunity to grab the TAC after that battle, but I could be remembering wrong.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
no you're not remembering wrong, or at least I could find no way back into the ship, sorry I wasn't clear I was talking about the huge flying one. Any ways I reloaded and found the TAC, on my way back up to the deck a soldier was killed by an alien and the way he fell in the door blocked it so I couldn't get out. Being stuck I reloaded again, found said gun went to deck was fighting the first alien, ran out of ammo, picked up more and saved over the last save, not thinking to make a new one. Well 1/2 a second after the save I'm killed by the alien every time, I reload it's instant doom haha.

The process of getting the gun and getting out on the deck of the ship isn't long but I'm sure frustrated. haha will crack it tonight shouldn't take much longer at all once I get past these bugs.