Looking for headphones with removable cord

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Just entry level, durable headphones. Need longer length and found these Monoprice ones to have removable cord, know any others around like that?

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Monoprice 8323 are $17, and can’t be beat for the price. You can find them on Amazon, but they will cost more.
I've seen those, but reviews state a high rate of breakage (not good padding either.) Don't have to be swivel/dj style as those seem to break easier; mainly comfortable, like earpads; and not too bassy so as to make out vocals better (mids?)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I never heard of the brand, but they might fit you.

Reactions: syed22 and Coyle

Coyle

May 15, 2020
I never heard of the brand, but they might fit you.
Yep, these have been the ones I've researched the most, but the A71 model; my only concern with these is the swivel tends to break; though they seem to be pretty good with their 2 year warranty when needed.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Yep, these have been the ones I've researched the most, but the A71 model; my only concern with these is the swivel tends to break; though they seem to be pretty good with their 2 year warranty when needed.

Let me know what you think if you get them.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Can you solder? There are hundreds if not thousands of connectors you can choose from, panel mount style, just pick cans with a sufficient cup capacity, pop 'em open and get to work. I suggest NOT using typical 3.5mm stereo jack, can barely last under the best of conditions when used on a moving device.

Digikey or another electronics supply house is a good place to shop for connector options.

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Can you solder? There are hundreds if not thousands of connectors you can choose from, panel mount style, just pick cans with a sufficient cup capacity, pop 'em open and get to work. I suggest NOT using typical 3.5mm stereo jack, can barely last under the best of conditions when used on a moving device.

Digikey or another electronics supply house is a good place to shop for connector options.
Well, one of the A71's pros is dual connectors, a 1/8 of course, but also 1/4 which is the one I'd plug into if went with them; reviews state sound quality is better coming out of that connector as well. I'm still looking but 1month till his b'day.