looking for good cars under 20k

element2k5

Aug 19, 2001
anything foreign.... japanese preferred... not gonna buy just looking for sugestions

2000 or newer, must be sporty and have the option of a manual transmission. turbo would be awesome

ill add cars to the list of wants

Acura Integra GS-R
Honda Accord EX coupe
Honda Civic EX coupe
Honda Civic Si
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ rally edition
Nissan SE-R Spec v
Toyota Corolla S

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Sorry, I value my family safty more than Japans economy so I can't give a recommendation from that list.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
got the honda civic sedan - loaded - for my daughter about $16,500
has a great ride - zippy and fun to drive -very responsive
interior looks great
highly recommended

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
here is all i can say--- i have a spec v and love it. i recommend it to everyone. best car ever.

whatever you do, dont' get the lancer OZ rally edition.. its no different all from the stock lancer under the hood... and somebody explain this to me.. OZ is the wheel company right, then why do the lancer OZ only come with 15" rims? that sucks a lot.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
for me, the Sentra spec V is as good as the Se-R, the extra money wasn't worth having to have a red interior, 10 extra hp, and 17" wheels. Rallispec will know the other differences, but the Se-R is just as good for me, except that I would like a 6 speed. se-r and se-r spec v differences

I like the Accord coupe. Either the inline 4 or the v6, but hopefully a silver I4 Ex with manual. I'm looking at getting one at the end of the year. I don't belive the v6's have a manual available though.

The Civic Si, I like alot better than any of the other civics, even if they are coupes. I like hatches. I'm not a fan of the Corrolla S either, not as sporty as I would like it to be. Ditto on the Evo Rally. I thought it looked cool, but there's nothing any better there.

Jan 9, 2002
My money is on a black Hyundai Tiburon V6 manual- that's the best Japanese (well ok, Korean, sorry) car under $20k I can think of by far. Those things friggin rule.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
My money is on a black Hyundai Tiburon V6 manual- that's the best Japanese (well ok, Korean, sorry) car under $20k I can think of by far. Those things friggin rule.

I guess to each his own... poor visibility and a severly anemic motor are not my definition of a good car.

While not much faster, the SVT Focus tops my list for new cars under 20k. Badass little car to have. I was VERY pleased on the test drive.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI

i'm not sure if you could actually get one for under 20k though... not unless its the wussy 140hp 4cyl base model. the GT V6 is almst impossible to get for under 20k unless you're the master at finding great deals.