Looking for better quality solid charcoal t-shirts then this (pic inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,

I'm looking for better quality t-shirts in solid charcoal like the pic below. The pic below is the softstyle tee from Gildan but unfortunately in reality they're not good quality fit and fabric and the neck is a bit thick. Then again those are cheap. I'm willing to pay a bit more if it's good fit and quality. Any good suggestions i could buy online?

64000_charcoal_flat_front_2009.jpg

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Yeah, AA makes good stuff. Though they're definitely fitted for a more slim/fit body type as well.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
For what purpose? A shirt that will hold up to abuse while doing yard work, or a shirt that will look nice and can be worn out and about?

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
For what purpose? A shirt that will hold up to abuse while doing yard work, or a shirt that will look nice and can be worn out and about?

A good looking solid charcoal t-shirt that can be worn out and about.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
American Apparel

I looked on AA's site but couldn't find anything with a good neckline to be worn when going out (it's not for working in the garden or something like that)

Necklines look better when they have double stitching which none of the AA's have.

Any other suggestions perhaps? Thanks alot.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
H&M is very poor quality. Haynes? What happened to all the ATOT 1%ers?

OP you might try Lululemon if you don't mind a sportier look. I also have the same problem as you. Most tee shirts are terrible quality and get stretched out of shape after a few uses.

omega3

Feb 19, 2015
Yep. Typo.

Nobody can recommend more higher quality brands.. i mean hanes, aa, h&m are just average.. my main problem is that the neckband with all these is too big which is not very elegant

I don't have a problem with paying a bit more like 15$ or more if the quality and fit are better..

My main problem is finding them in solid charcoal color like pictured below

Any better suggestions?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Nobody can recommend more higher quality brands.. i mean hanes, aa, h&m are just average.. my main problem is that the neckband with all these is too big which is not very elegant

I don't have a problem with paying a bit more like 15$ or more if the quality and fit are better..

My main problem is finding them in solid charcoal color like pictured below

Any better suggestions?
http://www.heavytshirt.com/product/BLNK/HS400.html

I bought four of these in various colors over the winter. They are made with a very heavy weight fabric. They fit very well but I do have one complaint that may not be important to you. The neck is a little on the snug side for my liking but you may have different results. Edit: Just reread your post and the neckline on these is just what you're looking for. They absolutely will not bag out as you wear them. I agree they look real sloppy when that happens.

Peruse the site. They have several varieties and several fits available. Absolutely pay attention to their sizing charts. Find a t-shirt you've got that you like the fit of, measure it and order from there.

They do have charcoal.

Edit: About nine years ago, I bought some t-shirts at Bass Pro Shops in their Bob Timberlake line. Fantastic t-shirts. They are just now starting to fray at the shoulder seams and at the hems. Unfortunately, they are no longer available and I have searched quite a bit. When I was at the checkout with them, the cashier remarked that she was so glad to see them back because she had bought some for a relative that really held up well. I wear these around the house all day every day year round and they have lasted a really long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.