Looking for an old Sega Genesis game...

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
hey,
do any of you remember an old sega genesis game that you were like in a helicopter, with a 3rd person view, and you went around and did stuff. you had like, a rope and you could drop it down and pick up civilians and supplies and the first level was like flying over a forest i think. I remember it was always on the Sega Channel every month, and I'm trying to find it on ROM because I'm so incredibly bored :)

NoreagaCNN

Banned
Sep 28, 2000
Sounds like one of the Strike games AKA Urban Strike, Nuclear Strike, etc.
But it wasnt a 3rd person view, it was a top view

-Nore

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Ya, I think it was Jungle or Desert Strike. By EA.
Kind of a 3d isometric view.

kazeakuma

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2001
amd junkie has it. It was Desert Strike, Jungle etc.
I have them.... somewhere. I can never find my roms.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Sounds like a game I had for my Sega Master System (ah, the memories!), called Choplifter.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

<< Sounds like a game I had for my Sega Master System (ah, the memories!), called Choplifter. >>

I had that on the ORIGINAL gameboy! (Yeah the big fat gray one!)

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Nope, it's not one of the *Strike games. I remember you started off from a base and there was some water and a forest I think...it's been atleast 6-7 years.

May 31, 2001

<<

<< Sounds like a game I had for my Sega Master System (ah, the memories!), called Choplifter. >>

I had that on the ORIGINAL gameboy! (Yeah the big fat gray one!)
>>

I had ChopLifter on the Apple IIE. :p

May 31, 2001

<< Nope, it's not one of the *Strike games. I remember you started off from a base and there was some water and a forest I think...it's been atleast 6-7 years. >>

Do you mean LHX Attack Chopper? I know that came out on the Genesis.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Nevermind, it is Desert Strike. I didn't realize it until I saw the little hook drop down from the helicopter. Thanks a lot guys. Now if I can only find a Genesis emu w/ sound :D

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
I think you can actually play this online in one of those free java arcade games online. But the graphics being on a computer screen apear much worse than I remember on my genesis.

WasabiCat

May 31, 2001

<< Nope, it's not one of the *Strike games. I remember you started off from a base and there was some water and a forest I think...it's been atleast 6-7 years. >>

was it Herzog Zwei?
that game was DA BOMB!!! one of the first RTS games... just as fun as SC back in those days :)

edit: oops, a little late.. maybe i should read all of the replies before replying... ;)