Looking for a new wallet option. Details inside on what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I've been using this Dopp Regatta 88 wallet for many years. Then this past Christmas, my wife got me this Saddleback ID wallet that I've been using since. I have come to realize that I need more credit card sized cards on me than this thing can comfortably hold.

I stumbled across this triHOLD wallet from a Kickstarter buzz awhile back and was all set to get it then found out it's actually just a crappy quality knock off of this Exentri wallet which is much higher rated and roughly the same price anyway.

I'm wondering if there's anything better at holding cards and some cash while still being as small as possible than the Exentri would be?

Things I'm really looking for in any option.

Holds cards without "stacking" them. What I mean by that is like this pic shows how there's two rows of cards, in my Saddleback wallet that's the same "model" as that example, it has ended up breaking/cracking my cards at the point where they stick out past the slot/leather.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I have two Saddleback Leather wallets, a slim one for every day use and a bi-fold one for when I need to carrying more cash and remain walking. Both a great products. They've also got a 100yr warranty on all their stuff, they brag about it.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I have two Saddleback Leather wallets, a slim one for every day use and a bi-fold one for when I need to carrying more cash and remain walking. Both a great products. They've also got a 100yr warranty on all their stuff, they brag about it.

Which size bi-fold do you have from them? They list a small, medium and large but only show videos for the small and medium ones.

Kreon

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2006
Not sure what kind of capacity you need (at least 6 judging from the first one?), but I like my AlumaWallet (or whatever it's called). Now I have one made by Columbia that is the same deal (though I paid $10 for mine at Marshall's). If you go this route, don't buy the cheap ones (<$8), as they tend to have poorly constructed clasps.

It all depends if you like this style of wallet though. I like accordion wallets rather than bi/tri-folds.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Which size bi-fold do you have from them? They list a small, medium and large but only show videos for the small and medium ones.

The models I own have been discontinued, and don't exactly compare to their current line up. My slim one is little more than an ID holder with some slots for cards. I keep only a handful of cards in it and no cash otherwise it gets too thick. The bi-fold I have is considerably thicker so I don't like sitting on it. It gets used when I'm at places where I know I'll be standing and walking around, Ren Faire, theme parks, etc.

Edit - I was thinking of picking up another one of their wallets, something between the two I have now that could carry a little cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.