Looking for a new game to play (online, mostly)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Arma 3 had a pretty fantastic DLC this month (Apex).

It has a large player base and plenty of modes/mods that can be enjoyed while playing solo.

What is the co-op play like? I've read you can play missions with friends. How long are these missions and how many buds can you play with?

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
What is the co-op play like? I've read you can play missions with friends. How long are these missions and how many buds can you play with?

There is like 20,000+ user created scenarios in the Steam workshop. Some are short, some are long... there is something there for everyone. The variety is pretty insane.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=107410&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=toprated&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags%5B%5D=Scenario

I don't have a ton of first hand experience with the single-player/co-op scenarios though. I usually stick to the big multiplayer mods - Wasteland, Exile, Breaking Point, King of the Hill, etc.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Arma 3 had a pretty fantastic DLC this month (Apex).

It has a large player base and plenty of modes/mods that can be enjoyed while playing solo.

Definitely wanna get into Arma 3 at some point, just haven't pulled the trigger, so many other games.

GibbyPruchesi

Jan 18, 2019
A recent discovery of mine is Helldivers - it had a sale on Steam and I heard good things about it (it's from the makers of Magicka) so I gave it a shot. It's a top down co-op alien shooter. It's really fun, not perfect though, the camera acts kind of weird, but it's great with friends. Otherwise I add another vote for Warframe.