Question Looking for a new 27 IPS display

Temuka

Dec 27, 2014
Hello everybody,I'm in the market to buy a new 27 IPS,144+hz,2K monitor :) Coming from acer xb271hu (awful plastic construction) I need something reliable to buy for 2-3 years. Should I buy

LG 27GL83A-B for 380$ or there are any other recommendations or should I wait for something new? Thanks for any help,cheers.
My main pc parts:
Asus 2080
16gb RAM
970 samsung evo

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
I've had the LG 27GL850 for about 8 months now and am happy with it. The 850 has a wider color gamut than the 83 but otherwise both appear to be functionally the same, and in-depth reviews aren't showing any significant performance differences. For under $400 I think the 83 looks to be a great option.

Other options to take a quick look at are Viewsonic XG270QG, Asus VG27AQ, Gigabyte AD27QD, and Nixeus NX-EDG27S v2. They're all in the same ballpark in terms of performance, none look to be a clear winner. The Viewsonic and Gigabyte are about $600 right now, the Asus not presently available but listed for $430, and the Nixeus about $325. The Asus and Nixeus use AU Optronics panels. The Gigabyte uses an Innolux panel. The Viewsonic uses an LG panel which may be the same one in the GL850. Considering overall performance, price, and availability, the GL83 is probably the best option for the specs you're looking for.

Reactions: potato masher

Temuka

Dec 27, 2014
I've had the LG 27GL850 for about 8 months now and am happy with it. The 850 has a wider color gamut than the 83 but otherwise both appear to be functionally the same, and in-depth reviews aren't showing any significant performance differences. For under $400 I think the 83 looks to be a great option.

Other options to take a quick look at are Viewsonic XG270QG, Asus VG27AQ, Gigabyte AD27QD, and Nixeus NX-EDG27S v2. They're all in the same ballpark in terms of performance, none look to be a clear winner. The Viewsonic and Gigabyte are about $600 right now, the Asus not presently available but listed for $430, and the Nixeus about $325. The Asus and Nixeus use AU Optronics panels. The Gigabyte uses an Innolux panel. The Viewsonic uses an LG panel which may be the same one in the GL850. Considering overall performance, price, and availability, the GL83 is probably the best option for the specs you're looking for.
Nice info there,thanks ! What about HP Omen 29i ?

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
Nice info there,thanks ! What about HP Omen 29i ?

I assume you mean the 27i? Looks to have a Nano IPS panel, which is an LG panel, so I would assume similar performance. Supports Freesync and Gsync compatible. Has all your other specs. Looks like it launched a month or two ago. Presently $400 (MSRP $500) on HP's website. I usually forget HP makes monitors, but we've had quite a few at work and I've never had an issue with any of them in terms of quality. Couldn't find any in-depth reviews, but probably not a bad gamble.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I got a BenQ EX2780Q earlier this year, because I needed a monitor when Amazon made all non essential products take an extra month and that was the only 27" 1440P 144MHz IPS panel I could get without waiting. I am actually really happy with it. Very professional looking, has good cable management, has good speakers (this is the first time I've used built in speakers), and I haven't had any real issues. The HDR isn't great though.