Looking for a good cool case

xnguyenx

Feb 16, 2005
Hi,

I'm currently building up my comp. I need a good case that can fit these components:

1. AMD X2 4400+
2. DFI SLI expert
3. 7800GT (in couple of months will get another 7800GT)
4. PSU? still looking suggestion?
5. Dell 2407 still waiting and waiting.......:clock:

So far I found the thermaltake armor silver to be a good case but the price is steep.

any other suggestion? thanks

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
If you set some sort of price range it would be easier to recommend. But the Beantech Igloo 3 (aka Kingwin 424) from Directron is now on my short list for an elegantly conservative PC box - it's new low price (used to be a lot closer to $100.) doesn't hurt either. It's hard to spend a better $85. on a PSU than on the Sparkle/Fortron FSP550-60PLG or the FSP550PLG-SLI - if you have more to spend than that, about all you'll get for the extra money is perhaps a bit quieter or more efficient.

.bh.

jniles

Dec 31, 2005
what is special about the beantech ?

all 80 mm fans!

not trying to flame,just curious. I have seen this case come up before but it does not seem to appealing and I wonder if I am missing something?

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
To know for sure you'd have to buy one but here's a brief list: mobo drawer, unified disconnect for some of the front-panel wiring to make it easier to remove and insert the drawer, an integrated fan controller for 3 or 4 fans, toolless except for mobo and HDs, HD vibe bushings similar to Antec's, elegantly simple appearance, heavy aluminum - weighs as much as many similar-size steel cases...

It's no problem to mod an aluminum case for additional cooling if necessary. I doubt one can get more casitude for $60. +sh except perhaps at a distress sale.

.bh.

xnguyenx

Feb 16, 2005

I looking through the web for the ARMOR silver the cheapest one is
$164.00 - 20MIR = $144.00 + SH.

Weight around ~16lbs WOW!

NOT too bad at all. Will grab one.