Looking for a game for me and my daughter

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
So we have been gaming together for awhile now. She is 7. I run a minecraft server that she plays on daily. We also play some other game together but recently we have been both playing Stardew Valley PC. So this is not a co-op game. Are there any good quality 2 player or if console split screen games visually like SDV? Nothing with a load of combat. she likes the crafting and building the most while I tend to defend us with my amazing combat warrior skills.

Looking for a new game for us to dig in to.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
No combat...was going to say Trine until I read that.

If you have a PS4 or PS3, Little Big Planet lets you play local co-op and you can create your own levels etc. Might be worth looking into as it's cheap now.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
It can have combat but she doesn't like fighting all that much. I end up picking up the slack most times. I would dig an rpg type game something in the fantasy realm. We have little big planet for the ps4 already. Her and my wife enjoy that. I picked up tales of zestiria for the PS4 and will give that a go.

oooo just discovered a game called Portal Knight's. This looks right up her alley. Might give this a go.

Last edited:

Tarvaln

Apr 28, 2004
The Crew from Ubisoft is really fun racing game. It's an MMO but my wife and I only bump into a another player every now and again. I was free until the 12th of the month from Ubisoft but it's on sale on humblebundle a lot. Calling all Units comes out in Nov I think, I know you will get the Wildrun expansion with it. So, I would get the base game see if you two like it. Get Calling all Units when it comes out and You'll have all expansions.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Showering With Your Dad Simulator 2015? :p

Kidding...still trying to figure out how that is a game..

otinane

Oct 13, 2016
Honestly, i would get a real chessboard and chess pieces, and play chess with her.

No eye strain and a good training on reverse engineering way of thinking.

Can't think anything better for a 7 year old.

Reactions: sxr7171

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
The Trine games would still probably work. You can't really fight at all if you're the Wizard. Have her be the Wizard and you be the warrior or thief.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
oooo just discovered a game called Portal Knight's. This looks right up her alley. Might give this a go.

That's a good call. Also try Costume Quest. Should be right up your alley. It's actually quite fun and well-designed despite the seemingly lame and thin premise (from an adult's perspective)

Yes, there's combat but it's "fun and cute" combat. Also, pretty much one player can carry the weight during those segments so you can continue to knight for her as she runs around collecting candy and unlocking secrets. If anything, the combat can involve some teamwork and isn't too complicated, so it might be a good way to get her interested in that sort of gameplay.

Also, Brothers has great and innovative co-op play but is probably too mature for her (some rather serious feels-based content). You should check it out for yourself, though and see what you think.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
costume quest does look like something she would like but I noticed it is single player.

So far we have been playing Portal Knights and having fun. I played Brothers some time ago actually. Pretty cool game.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
costume quest does look like something she would like but I noticed it is single player.

So far we have been playing Portal Quest and having fun. I played Brothers some time ago actually. Pretty cool game.

Costume Quest is multiplayer--but it may not be local multiplayer, afaik. You can play it single player if you want.

at least, if had multiplayer support a few years ago when i picked up two copies, one gifted to my nephew. ...at least i think it did? lol, now I'm doubting myself. :D

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Portal 2 co-op? You have to work together to get through the puzzles.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Rocket League! Most fun I've had in a long time and no violence involved. Its soccer with cars. Its perfect.