Looking for a connector

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
My new Samsung sound bar has a power pass thru for a TV power cord. Samsung says it's only for Samsung TV's but I don't see why it wouldn't work with my LG. Anywho, Samsung makes a reference to a wall mount that comes with the cable, but I don't have a Samsung TV so I don't want the mount. Besides they look to be out of stock everywhere any ways. I'm not sure what it's called, I tried looking up TV passthrough power cord and male to female tv power cord and am finding nothing. The connector looks like a female version of what's on a TV one end and the normal male on the other. I know something else out there uses this, I just can't figure out what I'm looking for. I did find an old thread on AVS forum where the guy contacted Samsung about this and was told "the cable in the official WallMount is a special cable only made by Samsung and the one i put a link to will not work as it has "in built technology connectors" not found in aftermarket cables which wont work" Which sounds like BS to me. I did find 1 link for a site in Germany or somewhere

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/2-0-...eo7T21wIVo7vtCh03agVrEAQYAiABEgICsPD_BwE&&r=1

That's what I'm after, I just need to know what the hell it's called.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Looks like an extension for a figure-8 style (non-polarized) AC power-cord. I don't know the technical name.

Reactions: QueBert

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Thank you for the reply, I stumbled onto a pic of one just now, they're called a C8 Plug to C7 Male to Female Extension Power Supply or at least that's what I found them called. I'm going with Samsung's full of crap about only their cable will work here. I guess when I order it I'll find out.