Looking for 5.1 soundbar to replace my dead Vizio 5.1 system

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
So as the title states my Vizio 5.1 died all of a sudden and after everything I tied is but I do get power from the soundbar and sub woofer and with my budget not wanting top $400- I still have not seen any speakers that I can use.

So I will post this now for feedback and any questions and also I wanted to be able to hook up my Bluetooth headphones and that was something I have not found yet.

I was told by a tech guy that it wont work with my Vizio system I had because they both as the speakers and I like look at some systems that have that feature. Thanks! Also while I have speakers hooked for my Vizio 5.1 still that should be working so just buy a 2.1 and how would that work.? I know I I could not hook up to 4k videos from Amazon Prime due to missing audio so let me post before I think of another 10 ques :)

jimnoyd

Sep 10, 2019
Check out the VIZIO SB46514 or SB36514 to add 4 up firing channels for discrete Atmos playback goodness.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Anyways I fixed the problem but I still like to know if any any other soundbar that has the ability to connect to my Bluetooth headphones and I just realized any way to hook them up to my current speakers?

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
we need more details, what exactly are your bluetooth headphones, and its available interconnects? and what end result would we be achieving?

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
I have bluetooth and two 900mhz wireless headphones connected to my TV. I have a Vizio 2.1 soundbar. I have it daisy chained together through countless splitters. You need a bluetooth receiver. It would be nice if they made soundbars that had a bluetooth receiver built in for headphones. The old school wireless headphones work better than the bluetooth due to the receivers. The TV's should have a bluetooth receiver as well for wireless cans. A dual sound option. It always seems to be one or the other, never both.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
anyways onne out that the connections the speakers and the headphone at representing as input devices speakers so they cant connect to each other.