Look what bordom leads aphex to do... Im turning my XP into a MAC

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Yea, i know im not the first to do it... but hey... im bored... :)

aphex's wannabe mac

Im almost there... Just got a few other things to change, but otherwize it looks pretty darn simular....

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
The shadows too dark, the trash is in the wrong spot, and I can't beleive you still use napster.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Tyler
The shadows too dark, the trash is in the wrong spot, and I can't beleive you still use napster.

its not... i didnt have a nice kazaa lite icon, so i used a napster one :D

raptor13

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
What do you do to get the desktop icons, like the recycle bin, larger than normal?

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: raptor13
What do you do to get the desktop icons, like the recycle bin, larger than normal?

Desktop Properties, Appearance, Advanced.

Choose Icons, and set the size to 72 (if you want up to 128, you need to find the registry patch)

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Foood.net has some pretty good XP-ish icons. He has some for common apps here.

Here's a pic of my desktop. I stole the background and theme from Mavis at the rage3d.com forums.

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex

Choose Icons, and set the size to 72 (if you want up to 128, you need to find the registry patch)

Is there a way to make ONLY my desktop icons larger?

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Yea, i know im not the first to do it... but hey... im bored... :)

aphex's wannabe mac

Im almost there... Just got a few other things to change, but otherwize it looks pretty darn simular....
Poser.:p

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Heh... I did that a while back. Not quite as nice as you though, but I did have the dock thingy on the bottom and the colors correct.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: igowerf

Is there a way to make ONLY my desktop icons larger?

Me too. I wanna know.. as well

Is there a way to implement FOOOD's icons without manually setting each one? If it was like in a package (eg: Iconpackager) it'd be much more efficient.

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Foood's site links to a program called Icon Phile. That lets you quickly edit your icons and then save them to a single file.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Foood's site links to a program called Icon Phile. That lets you quickly edit your icons and then save them to a single file.

Cool. :) That still requires me to set all the icons to each individual icon tho, right? :)

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Yeah, but after that, you can save the config into a file. You can also tell it to "import" icons where it'll associate icons with the correct names to a set of file types. Like zip.ico will be associated with zip files. I guess after that, you just have to load the file and Icon Phile sets everything for you.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
So, does the dock size like the mac version? I've been looking for a dock for PC that works like the mac one and can't seem to find one.

Jugs

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I did this along time ago. That Y'z dock sucks...it disappears, doesn't pop up again, won't hide, etc.

bleuiko

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001

Here's a pic of my desktop. I stole the background and theme from Mavis at the rage3d.com forums.

What is that application you use for your notes?? It looks nice

ICAM? Are you a UCSD student? =)

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
Originally posted by: Jugernot
So, does the dock size like the mac version? I've been looking for a dock for PC that works like the mac one and can't seem to find one.

Jugs

http://yz.designtechnika.com/software/yzdock/index_en.html

there you go. JUST like the OSX one. works great also
only works for XP tho

get dock icons from here

http://www.jonmega.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4

Heh, I remember that proggie. I tried it out quite a while ago and it sucked.... I just installed it and it's very nice now. A lot better than it used to be at least. :)

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: bleuiko

What is that application you use for your notes?? It looks nice

ICAM? Are you a UCSD student? =)

I use a program called Stickies and I made a Watercolor skin to match my desktop a little better.

Yep! I'm a UCSD student and an ICAM major. :) I should put a reminder to myself to declare my CS minor...