Longer version of the Cinema 2.0 Ruby video.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
What exactly is cinema 2.0? I still didnt get it... Is it just a PR name for what the HD48xx series are capable of rendering? Or some HD video tech?

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
It looks like it's just a PR name. On the descriptions for it, I'm not seeing any new technologies that I'm aware of.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Actually Virgel. Its more than just branding . Much much more . Infact it sorta future proofs ATI's present cards. As I have said Iwasn't sure who would get to RT first but its really getting intersting .

Ronnn in another thread spoke of cineema 2 .

Well ruby here. is RT .

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38145/135/

Were talking alot of tech here . Dx10.1 ATI has it. Were talking Havok for physics. ATI has it.

Were talking Cinema 2 fot ray tracing. ATI has it.

So the 4870x2 to me represents the best future proof hardware in the industry right now today . Bar none.

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
link This and the the thread at b3d are very interesting.

Very impressive, but possibly not useful for gamers at this time.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Glad to see ya joined in ronnn. Yes when will we see this stuff. Ronnn you know me. I have always gone against AMD. But in the last three months I started saying differant. Do you think I had a change of heart for zero reasons. I love tech . with ATI AMD has good tech. Intel /AMD battle is far from over . But for now they will play nice together for a common goal. The Battle will resume latter. But for now thank God cooler heads prevailed . As AMD/ATI and intel try to bring us the future together, SOON!

In the B3d link. 1 poster says if they did this with the R600 why havent we seen anything in the way of gaming. Did that poster miss the res. and frame rates ? With the 3000 series it improved to constant 60 frames at same res. Now what do ya think 4870x2 could do ? Ronnn you said 1 blockbuster game could change it all, correct?

Well ronnn Intel owns a gaming company. It making a game . Whats the odds that AMD is involved? I say AMD is 100% involved . Intel has to include AMD . Look at whats happened in the last 3 months . Fact . AMD and Intel in bed together. Who would have ever thought?

Ronnn food for thought on the photo real thing . Man hollywood has to be going crazy.

Ya know what this means . Studioes won't need actors. Just pretty models . This will get adopted fast. You know what them over paid actors get? Way to much . Studies will drop them like flies on sh. This is a hugh money maker for ATI/AMD

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
utube

I think virge is right in the sense that this is software to use their technology. Pretty impressive though.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Great link. I don't know, Its AMDs tech . But AMD likes open source. So I can see were this is good for both intel and AMD/ATI. Unless ATI cards won't work with Nehalem which we know that it will . Looks like a win win for AMD/ATI and intel . I have neverseen more exciting times in the hardware and software in this industry its mind blowing.

MoMeanMugs

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2001
Is it just me, or does the robot walking sound exactly like the grenade launcher in Quake III Arena?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Can you imagine in a few years you guys could be watching your favorite sports in real time . But the players image could be played with. The possiabilities are endless. In games the players look real life. ATI/AMD are on to something big here. Yes it is a ways off . But so is R800/ larrabee. I would sure like to see this tech it looks so cool. Right now tho I will be happy just to see a hybred RTR game.

IDF next week . I can't wait to see the reaction in the forums when intel shows off their top secret.